Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rubbish and Expensive 'Attractions'

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Agree with all that. Legoland great with no queues - worth taking a day off school (not that this would happen in our house!).

Paradise Park is definitely a bit shit. Like Drusillas it probably becomes reasonable value as a playground if you get membership and go regularly.

Used Tesco vouchers to pay for annual pass for Legoland. We took the boys there last Thursday and took a picnic. Only paid a tenner for ice creams! It'll get better once the water park opens!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Madame Tussaud's is ridiculously expensive for a whole day of standing in queues of Japanese tourists looking at waxworks who look vaguely like famous people.

Also I love tenpin bowling but it is way too expensive for the experience you get. Lanes ALWAYS break down, food is poor, floor is
sticky, etc

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The Imperial War Museum is terrific, and I imagine that it will be even better next year with the 100th anniversary of The Great War

Another vote for the Imperial War Museum in Southwark - plus it's handy for the aforementioned Borough Market etc.

Plus I recommend the Imperial War Museum at Duxford (just off the M11) as well worth a trip if you are into planes and military vehicles/equipment. There is a heck of a lot to see, worth trying to go when the weather forecast is ok as the exhibitions are spread across several hangers and being a working airfield is a bit exposed but is a delight on a decent day. It really is gobsmacking with the history of flight, the Paras exhibition, Battle of Britain and the US exhibitions being among the stars. Dozens of iconic planes from Concorde, B-52, Spitfires, Lancaster and even a recent Eurofighter Typhoon. Loads of space for picnics and for kids to let off steam.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
My niece loves Peppa Pig. Is it worth going to?

Yes it's excellent. Also pretty cheap for a theme park as I paid 20 to get in last time I went. If your child is under a metre tall they get in free (though if they are slightly over
just put them in a pushchair as they never check)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here