Rubbish and Expensive 'Attractions'

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Legoland, Windsor.

The entire day out works out well over a £100, even if you have an 'exclusive' discount (turns out everyone has them!).

Always so busy, so there are collosal and tedious queues for each ride, meaning to achieve 3 in a day is typical.

Complete waste of money, and the grottiest quality of unhealthy food served, making McDonalds taste like a Michelin starred restaurant.

Once bitten, twice shy, so never again. Their business plan no doubt is based on this ...there's one born every minute.

Your right not cheap.However go at the right time and no queues.Our little boy is only 3 so we were able to go last Monday And stay at the hotel for about 180 inc Brekkie.Hotel is great for kids.However seeing how long some of the queue zones are (ie 60 mins from this point signs),with a load of bored kids standing around would be hell.

Paradise park in Newhaven isn't cheap-30 quid for 2 adults and a 3 yes old and that is a bit shit if your honest

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just in case I miss the follow up thread.

The Science Museum is fan-fookin-tastic.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I've been twice. Second time took Moshe Jnr. on my own (i.e. without Mrs G.) as I knew what a wind-up it can be. We had an enjoyable day, just, because he is easily pleased with plenty of sweets and crap food.

Coincidentally a Facebook friend has been singing the praises of the place today. I think he stayed the night in the hotel which presumably helps with early morning / evening access to the popular rides?

I went on a few of those Legoland rides and I have to say I was Bricking it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Your right not cheap.However go at the right time and no queues.Our little boy is only 3 so we were able to go last Monday And stay at the hotel for about 180 inc Brekkie.Hotel is great for kids.However seeing how long some of the queue zones are (ie 60 mins from this point signs),with a load of bored kids standing around would be hell.

Paradise park in Newhaven isn't cheap-30 quid for 2 adults and a 3 yes old and that is a bit shit if your honest

I guessed that, but by the time we went, our kids were of school age, so restricted to weekends/holidays, like 90% of parents I suppose.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Agree with all that. Legoland great with no queues - worth taking a day off school (not that this would happen in our house!).

Paradise Park is definitely a bit shit. Like Drusillas it probably becomes reasonable value as a playground if you get membership and go regularly.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
My niece loves Peppa Pig. Is it worth going to?

I would say yes, my two youngest daughters love Peppa Pig and they loved it. We took them for a birthday treat and felt it was worth the money ad they enjoyed so much. Although we did go when it was quiet off season, could imagine the queues would be a nightmare. But don't listen to me, as i enjoyed Bodmin Prison.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
The sealife place in Cornwall, we walked around ten minutes and then went through a door and realised it was the exit and that was the end of it. Strangely the best one I have taken the kids is the one in London.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The Eden Project in Cornwall. Three massive domes full of.....plants. Interesting if you like plants I imagine but otherwise you shuffle round in a queue of tourists, looking at lots of green leaves. Give it the swerve.

Garden of Eden was before your time I take it?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Ha, ha.

Just avoid the tourist traps.

Few Saturdays ago, went down to Greenwich had a wander round. Got a river taxi up to Bankside and spent the rest of the afternoon in Borough Market. Even had a pint of Harveys in the only pub in London.

Only downside I dropped my wallet (including season ticket) on the boat. They found it posted it back to me.

Loads to do in London for next to nothing.

Can't wait for the summer so I had wander round the parks.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I always find it a good cheap day out with little wookiee. Museums are free, covent garden and the street entertainers, loads to see and do without spending anything except train travel £22 from Worthing for 1 adult and 1 child travel card and say £10 for lunch. Bargain day out !

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
The Booth Museum in Brighton.

Free to get in - but still a rip off.

Why?

Because I wasted some of my life going there and it's utter turd.

Like some headcase's attic has been discovered after 100 years and put on display.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ha, ha.

Just avoid the tourist traps.

Few Saturdays ago, went down to Greenwich had a wander round. Got a river taxi up to Bankside and spent the rest of the afternoon in Borough Market. Even had a pint of Harveys in the only pub in London.

Only downside I dropped my wallet (including season ticket) on the boat. They found it posted it back to me.

Loads to do in London for next to nothing.

Can't wait for the summer so I had wander round the parks.

I always find it a good cheap day out with little wookiee. Museums are free, covent garden and the street entertainers, loads to see and do without spending anything except train travel £22 from Worthing for 1 adult and 1 child travel card and say £10 for lunch. Bargain day out !

Hehe, I shall be looking forward to a nice jaunt and a spot of grub and a beer around Borough Market on Sunday, and I agree, it's a nice spot and sensibly priced. Then the opposite, a trip to Wembley stadium, overpriced, in a terrible location, with nothing nice around it, everything that I dont like about London.

I Agree with Wookee, museums are great, but recently the Bowie retrospective at the V&A was the bet part of £20, too much.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
£15 to go up the Shard. Really not worth it.

agreed, you get to the top thinking 'yeah, it will be pretty damn cool to see london from so high up', then realising after that london is actually quite boring and there isn't much to look at. Plus if its cloudy you can see **** all.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
a sealife centre in wymouth cost me about 4 million pounds to take two kids to a few years back.......just a couple of tadpoles and algae too.......ok, i might be exagerating a little....but it was a rip off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
London may well be our New Years Day tradition.
We had a great time this year and what with the day as well as parade it was so quiet, cracking day out.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Imperial War Museum is terrific, and I imagine that it will be even better next year with the 100th anniversary of The Great War

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports