Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royston Drenthe

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Yes he was absolute turd and Williams wasn`t much better.
Where`s McAnuff ? He always caused us problems, has he left?

Did Le Fondre touch the ball?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yes he was absolute turd and Williams wasn`t much better.
Where`s McAnuff ? He always caused us problems, has he left?

Did Le Fondre touch the ball?

McAnuff and McCreary (or is it mcgeary?) Both good players and adkins is freezing them out as he has already done with kebe and mariappa. Adkins is being well and truly found out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We'll have McAnuff if Adkins doesn't want him, I'm assuming his post-Palace quarantine period is over now?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He was on the bench, bit surprised.

Playing long balls up to the midget Le Fondre was a masterstroke from Nigel :lolol:

The game-plan was built around the Russian ( Pog etc )...long ball / knock down to Le Fondre....when Pog got sent off Adkins didn't change the plan much and Greer and Upson just gobbled up all the aerial stuff. Not much different from his time at Saints....long ball to Lambert and the others will pick up the pieces.
McAnuff is a decent player but isn't getting much game-time at mo. On yesterdays showing, surprised he doesn't make the starting line-up.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Incredibly quick feet for such a unit, but little end product. Undoubtedly he'll give a few full backs a torrid time and probably score a couple of wonder goals and get a fair few assists. Praise should go to Ward and Kaz for nullifying him yesterday. Ultimately, I can't see him being a huge success unless he sorts his head out. He needs to accept his career has slumped and he needs to work hard to turn it around.

Comparing Drenthe to Wright-Phillips et al isn't accurate. Drenthe was once rated as THE next big thing in world football.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Comparing Drenthe to Wright-Phillips et al isn't accurate. Drenthe was once rated as THE next big thing in world football.

Being bought for £28 million by Chelsea in 2005 would suggest that SWP was also once rated extremely highly.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
He has bags of potential, and highly rated. However he'll blow massively hot and cold I fear, will have a handful of games where he'll look world class, but then be average for the rest, with a few red cards thrown in.

Everton fans looked like they had picked up a real deal, but his attitude was appalling.

Lua Lua or Drenthe? :p

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Steven Ward was different class against Drenthe, didn't give him a sniff, what an inspired signing he's been, an absolute class act.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Looks like he has a lot of talent... just not quite as much as he thinks he has. He tried some pretty outrageous and inventive passes which didn't come off. I'm sure he'll have days where everything comes off and he'll look world class. Mostly though he'll be getting frustrated and will probably start blaming his teammates. And yes, I have come to these conclusions by watching him on TV for 90 minutes (or however long he played).

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Being bought for £28 million by Chelsea in 2005 would suggest that SWP was also once rated extremely highly.

I'm fairly sure it wasn't £28 mill but either way, SWP was never viewed by anyone as one of the best young players in world football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here