Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal visit at the Amex tomorrow.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Nice to see they'd rather go to a private school, than a state school. Many are doing quite well, but won't get the recognition. I hate to throw the word around, but definitely an 'elitist' thing.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
It's down to practical reasons rather than elitism, because they use the College's playing field behind the school ( the Home ground ) as a helicopter landing site - we all had to line up for HRH The Duke of Gloucester's helicopter when I was there ( although the College has also been visited by Elizabeth II and George VI in the days before I attended ). And having a fully equipped (and armed) combined cadet force detatchment kind of helps with security. I'm sure you'd prefer that than Sussex Police having to cordon somewhere off.

In defence of my old school, the last day of term was last Friday 29th June, so there aren't any pupils there right now ! ( And won't be until 28th August ).

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
And having a fully equipped (and armed) combined cadet force detatchment kind of helps with security. I'm sure you'd prefer that than Sussex Police having to cordon somewhere off.
The thought of a load of fully armed public school kids roaming around does not increase my sense of security at all.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
And having a fully equipped (and armed) combined cadet force detatchment kind of helps with security. I'm sure you'd prefer that than Sussex Police having to cordon somewhere off.
The thought of a load of fully armed public school kids roaming around does not increase my sense of security at all.

We weren't allowed to go roaming round with live ammo, only the RSM (or members of staff) were allowed to do that ! Could only fire weapons ( .22 calibre ) in the rifle range below the school hall. Otherwise the Army section had to go to Bisley.

We did have SLR's and Bren Guns, but they were probably all deactivated.

I'd be more worried about the armed police and security at major airports myself.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Oh joy!!!
My favourite family of free loaders.
Did he win all those medals from Its a Royal knockout?

Prince+Edward+Royal+Wedding+Carriage+Procession+xVnAU5ZEf0Nl.jpg

A bit like Phil the Greek,he's well decorated but for what may I ask?

bobbycodpiece

Jul 25, 2004
Brighton
What a load of miserable people you are. They went to see Albion's Football in the community work, without which the Amex wouldn't have been built, as BHA couldn't afford any land to build a stadium on. As for not doing any work, they have launched a new RNLI lifeboat in Pevency, then went to the AMEX, then Brighton College, then they are going to a fundraising dinner for the Friends of Brighton Pavilion tonight. How much work have you done today?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:hilton: :rant: :rant: :rant: :bla: :bla: :bla: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :hilton:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What a load of miserable people you are. They went to see Albion's Football in the community work, without which the Amex wouldn't have been built, as BHA couldn't afford any land to build a stadium on. As for not doing any work, they have launched a new RNLI lifeboat in Pevency, then went to the AMEX, then Brighton College, then they are going to a fundraising dinner for the Friends of Brighton Pavilion tonight. How much work have you done today?
Which bit of that is work exactly, the smashing a champagne bottle against a boat bit or the eating bit?

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
If anyone is interested, Prince Edward and wife Sophie are visiting the Amex stadium tomorrow, and also Brighton college and the Pavilion. Part of the Jubilee celebration stuff.

Any idea what time, i have to go to the shop and exchange a shirt I bought today and don't want to get caught up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here