Royal Rumble

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Randy Orton now 1/25 to win the Rumble.

Was the correct answer.

I suspect we'll now get Reigns-'Taker at WM, along with the inevitable Goldberg-Lesnar.

People REALLY don't like Reigns though, do they? Definite chants of "this is bullshit" when he came out at #30 and then eliminated 'Taker.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
That's up there with some of the worse rumbles in recent memory. I don't understand what's it's going to take for vince to realise the morn he shoves Roman down our throats the more he is going to get rejected. The anticlimax of his music starting at number 30 was like nothing I have witnessed before everyone thought that was going to be joe or Finn

Oct 25, 2003
Was the correct answer.

I suspect we'll now get Reigns-'Taker at WM, along with the inevitable Goldberg-Lesnar.

People REALLY don't like Reigns though, do they? Definite chants of "this is bullshit" when he came out at #30 and then eliminated 'Taker.

I like Reigns but not in the role that he's been in since The Shield. I think they missed a trick and chose the wrong Shield member to align with the authority when they broke up. Reigns is a ready made monster heel, he just needs a mouthpiece to do his promo work as he's bloody awful at that. They've clearly been desperate to make him into the next big face but he's just not up to it. The fans just aren't sympathetic to him at all. Even last year when it was all set up for him to have the fans really behind him at the rumble, they just didn't buy it at all and they were cheering like mad when he got eliminated. Turn him heel, give him a decent manager (even Paul Heyman when Lesnar isn't around) and the rest should write itself.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Cena v Styles was excellent but it seems he will lose the title to Bray next month to set up the Orton v Wyatt match at WM. The Rumble was as good as expected but apart from Tye Dillinger I missed the nostalgia or surprise pops and when James Ellsworth gets a bigger reaction than most of the main roster there is a problem out there somewhere that needs fixing.
When the big dogs music hit at 30 it just seemed to suck the life out of the finish but I presume that it will be Taker v Reigns at WM now and as long as Reigns turns heel otherwise it will be booed out of the stadium.
I can't say WM is shaping up that well, Brock v Goldberg ,HHH v Rollins, Shaq v Show, Cena v God knows who, Taker v Reigns, Orton v Wyatt, Jericho v KO, some multi girls match and a ladder match or something , just lacking that spark at the moment.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I like Reigns but not in the role that he's been in since The Shield. I think they missed a trick and chose the wrong Shield member to align with the authority when they broke up. Reigns is a ready made monster heel, he just needs a mouthpiece to do his promo work as he's bloody awful at that. They've clearly been desperate to make him into the next big face but he's just not up to it. The fans just aren't sympathetic to him at all. Even last year when it was all set up for him to have the fans really behind him at the rumble, they just didn't buy it at all and they were cheering like mad when he got eliminated. Turn him heel, give him a decent manager (even Paul Heyman when Lesnar isn't around) and the rest should write itself.

Totally agree, and it seems like clear common sense to me.

Manager-wise, I'd go with Paul Ellering - he's in NXT with the Authors of Pain anyways, doing the same job with them as he did with LoD all those years ago...he'd be the perfect mouthpiece for Reigns in my view. If, as seems likely after last night, we get Reigns-Taker at WM then Reigns is going to get booed out of the stadium as soon as he walks through the curtain (and can you imagine the negative heat if he actually wins?), so they might as well use the natural reaction instead of trying to push against it all the time.

In the long-term it may even play into their plans to create a Cena/Hogan-esque superface - turn Reigns heel and keep him there for a couple of years, then the resulting huge face turn MIGHT actually get them the reaction they want if it's done right. This way just isn't going to work.

On a wider note though, the WM card looks to be shaping up:

- Goldberg vs. Lesnar
- Reigns vs. Undertaker
- Orton vs. Cena

I reckon it'll end up with Jericho challenging KO at 'Mania (depending on whether Balor will be back in time to be involved), and from what we've seen it looks like Rollins vs HHH. I'd also assume that they'll play off last night's elimination and go with Corbin vs. Strowman.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Totally agree, and it seems like clear common sense to me.

Manager-wise, I'd go with Paul Ellering - he's in NXT with the Authors of Pain anyways, doing the same job with them as he did with LoD all those years ago...he'd be the perfect mouthpiece for Reigns in my view. If, as seems likely after last night, we get Reigns-Taker at WM then Reigns is going to get booed out of the stadium as soon as he walks through the curtain (and can you imagine the negative heat if he actually wins?), so they might as well use the natural reaction instead of trying to push against it all the time.

In the long-term it may even play into their plans to create a Cena/Hogan-esque superface - turn Reigns heel and keep him there for a couple of years, then the resulting huge face turn MIGHT actually get them the reaction they want if it's done right. This way just isn't going to work.

On a wider note though, the WM card looks to be shaping up:

- Goldberg vs. Lesnar
- Reigns vs. Undertaker
- Orton vs. Cena

I reckon it'll end up with Jericho challenging KO at 'Mania (depending on whether Balor will be back in time to be involved), and from what we've seen it looks like Rollins vs HHH. I'd also assume that they'll play off last night's elimination and go with Corbin vs. Strowman.

Orton is going in with Wyatt according to Meltzer, Cena loses title to Bray at the Elimination Chamber

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Orton is going in with Wyatt according to Meltzer, Cena loses title to Bray at the Elimination Chamber

Interesting, wouldn't surprise me although I wonder what they'd do with Cena in that scenario - presumably Styles again as there's no-one else really available, but without the Title I don't really see the point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here