Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Royal Family stand-ins

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Would bring years of 'Top Flight' Royal experience to a team seriously lacking; and would be able to 'put an arm round' the kids, not in a Prince Andrew way.
Also at her previous club she was responsible for keeping warring factions together and thinning down the wage bill by reducing fringe players. Could do a job

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think I could do a King Prince Charles stand-in, in Sussex as I can trace my paternal line back to 1579 in the county.

To be honest, I’m still gutted that Harry got made Duke of Sussex and I didn’t, and then cleared off to live in America.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The perfect Royle Family stand ins

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
With Charles battling his prostate, Kate out of action following abdominal surgery, Harry and Meghan on another continent and Prince Andrew ruled out through his alleged noncery I'd say - to borrow a phrase - the Royal Family are "down to the bare bones".

So who would be a good stand-in to undertake light royal duties on a short-term basis, representing the best of British to a domestic and worldwide audience?
Do we honestly care ?

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Loosely connected with all the controversy about hanging the Kings portrait in council offices, courts etc...............what are they going to do with the Queen's portraits, put them in a skip ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
With Charles battling his prostate, Kate out of action following abdominal surgery, Harry and Meghan on another continent and Prince Andrew ruled out through his alleged noncery I'd say - to borrow a phrase - the Royal Family are "down to the bare bones".

So who would be a good stand-in to undertake light royal duties on a short-term basis, representing the best of British to a domestic and worldwide audience?
The Duke & Duchess of Edinburgh, end of thread!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I'm not sure the country has clocked a possibility: if the King and William both die in the next ten years then Prince George is king, but while under 18 will need a regent. The Regency Act 1936 says it should be the next person in line of age. That's Harry.

If a terrible attack at the cenotaph after the next election kills the King, the Prince of Wales, and the Prime Minister while Harry is in California, then the next regent in line after that, Prince Andrew, will have to ask Angela Rayner to become prime minister.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here