Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Baby

albionite

May 20, 2009
George how crap, you can see they are keeping with their german roots. What will he be now the 6th George since the Hanovers took over the rein.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah yes bertie was king George VI. Why do we have a german line of monachs anyway? I know we invited them over but seems odd we could not of picked someone English. Oh well what do I care.

I think you'll find there has been Danish, Scots and English input from the mothers in the last 100 years.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Make me laugh how people bash the Royals but I suppose that's ok but If Abu Quatada was head of the Royal Family nobody would bat an eye lid or say any of these things because of political correctness.

Because it is the Queen of whom is registered as British, (save your pedantic ancestry arguments for someone who cares), every vulture is out having a pop at her and her family which is sad.

Some of them are good people and they have been born into that position and just get on with what they were given and do what they do. So what if they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and had it easier in some aspects. I personally would hate the fame, the media shoving a camera in your face every 5 minutes or judging you for every single remark you made or action you carried out.

It gives Britain a significant difference to other countries and something to symbolise us. Other countries love the fact we have a monarch and it gives us a sense of identity. I am proud of that and I am proud of our Queen.

Its a shame more people don't share the same pride and are far happier spreading their misinformed political ideology promoted by agenda driven puppet masters who prey on the weak to get what they wish. Lets just shoot them down when it suits. You wouldn't shoot down a prosperous minority in the same fashion would you?

Answers on a post card please. I know your answers before you've even put them out so save yourselves the bother. I cant believe you've used this to promote your pathetic nationalist agenda as they are not related will be the first. I can't believe you pathetic right wing idiots who read the Daily Mail think its okay for the Queen to live off the taxpayer but your average Joe isn't allowed.

I love the Royal Family. They're one of the few things that keeps Britain, Britain.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
George how crap, you can see they are keeping with their german roots. What will he be now the 6th George since the Hanovers took over the rein.

its not actually very german at all. its Greek in origin, as reckon yours is, unless hebrew or french.. or german. "English" originating names are few and far between. if you actually look up the linage of the Queen you'll find most of the line are born in England to at least one English parent. yes, theres a lot of germans marrying in over a centry ago, but its a bit like saying your Welsh because your names David and your great grandfather on your mothers side was from Newport.

albionite

May 20, 2009
its not actually very german at all. its Greek in origin, as reckon yours is, unless hebrew or french.. or german. "English" originating names are few and far between. if you actually look up the linage of the Queen you'll find most of the line are born in England to at least one English parent. yes, theres a lot of germans marrying in over a centry ago, but its a bit like saying your Welsh because your names David and your great grandfather on your mothers side was from Newport.

I didn't really mean in the name George more the tradition since the first George Of Hanover was Crowned king from Germany they have kept with the name. They are all pretty much linked one way or another even Diana, which I didn't know.

Diana's ancestry also connects her with most of Europe's royal houses. Diana is descended from the House of Stuart through Charles II's illegitimate sons Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton, and Charles Lennox, 1st Duke of Richmond, and from James II's daughter, Henrietta FitzJames, Countess of Newcastle, an ancestry she shares with the current Dukes of Alba.[149][150][151][152] From the House of Stuart, Diana is a descendant of the House of Bourbon from the line Henry IV of France and of the House of Medici from the line of Marie de' Medici. She is also a descendant of powerful Italian noble families such as that of the House of Sforza who ruled as the Dukes of Milan from the line of the legendary Caterina Sforza, Countess of Forlì.[153][154][155]

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
So some of you dislike the royals because some of their ancestors came from Germany. If you dislike people because their ancestors came from Africa you'd be considered a racist. How is this any different?
Every single person born in the Uk could trace their ancestors back to other countries so you should hate everyone you know, including yourselves!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't really mean in the name George more the tradition since the first George Of Hanover was Crowned king from Germany they have kept with the name. They are all pretty much linked one way or another even Diana, which I didn't know.

Diana's ancestry also connects her with most of Europe's royal houses. Diana is descended from the House of Stuart through Charles II's illegitimate sons Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton, and Charles Lennox, 1st Duke of Richmond, and from James II's daughter, Henrietta FitzJames, Countess of Newcastle, an ancestry she shares with the current Dukes of Alba.[149][150][151][152] From the House of Stuart, Diana is a descendant of the House of Bourbon from the line Henry IV of France and of the House of Medici from the line of Marie de' Medici. She is also a descendant of powerful Italian noble families such as that of the House of Sforza who ruled as the Dukes of Milan from the line of the legendary Caterina Sforza, Countess of Forlì.[153][154][155]

The house of Stuart was from Scotland because Elizabeth I was childless so the throne went to her cousin descended from Henry VII.
The house of Hanover came in when William & Mary were childless, as was her sister Queen Ann so the throne went to cousin George to prevent the catholic James taking the throne.

albionite

May 20, 2009
The house of Stuart was from Scotland because Elizabeth I was childless so the throne went to her cousin descended from Henry VII.
The house of Hanover came in when William & Mary were childless, as was her sister Queen Ann so the throne went to cousin George to prevent the catholic James taking the throne.
William and Mary were both grandchildren of Charles I. I believe they were first cousins.

House of stuart James I was the great-great-grandson of Henry VII

The stuarts Tudors, Yorks, Lancastor and house of Plantagenet are all blood lined to the norman conquest.
So some of you dislike the royals because some of their ancestors came from Germany. If you dislike people because their ancestors came from Africa you'd be considered a racist. How is this any different?
Every single person born in the Uk could trace their ancestors back to other countries so you should hate everyone you know, including yourselves!

Not a case of dislike, I am indifferent to the royal family.

Would prefer a English bloodline but don't think we have had one of those since 1066( Harold Godwinson).

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
It's this royal madness that makes Britain bloody ridiculous sometimes. Off with their heads. Down with the monarchy. Up the republic.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Make me laugh how people bash the Royals but I suppose that's ok but If Abu Quatada was head of the Royal Family nobody would bat an eye lid or say any of these things because of political correctness.

Because it is the Queen of whom is registered as British, (save your pedantic ancestry arguments for someone who cares), every vulture is out having a pop at her and her family which is sad.

Some of them are good people and they have been born into that position and just get on with what they were given and do what they do. So what if they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and had it easier in some aspects. I personally would hate the fame, the media shoving a camera in your face every 5 minutes or judging you for every single remark you made or action you carried out.

It gives Britain a significant difference to other countries and something to symbolise us. Other countries love the fact we have a monarch and it gives us a sense of identity. I am proud of that and I am proud of our Queen.

Its a shame more people don't share the same pride and are far happier spreading their misinformed political ideology promoted by agenda driven puppet masters who prey on the weak to get what they wish. Lets just shoot them down when it suits. You wouldn't shoot down a prosperous minority in the same fashion would you?

Answers on a post card please. I know your answers before you've even put them out so save yourselves the bother. I cant believe you've used this to promote your pathetic nationalist agenda as they are not related will be the first. I can't believe you pathetic right wing idiots who read the Daily Mail think its okay for the Queen to live off the taxpayer but your average Joe isn't allowed.

I love the Royal Family. They're one of the few things that keeps Britain, Britain.

Bow down, minion.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
It's this royal madness that makes Britain bloody ridiculous sometimes. Off with their heads. Down with the monarchy. Up the republic.

Thank god Labour got turfed out of office. President Tony Blair and the 1st lady Cherie Blair or President Gordon Brown and 1st Lady Sarah Brown. Now that makes me want to vomit.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Only the finest people in the world have the middle name Alexander. I mean, there's James Alexander Gordon and er....me.

Not sure about the choice of George as forename though. I mean, why would want to name your child after a pink hippo or an unpopular Chancellor of the Exchequer?

Oi!! I'm the only Alexander in the (middle) village.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
William and Mary were both grandchildren of Charles I. I believe they were first cousins.

House of stuart James I was the great-great-grandson of Henry VII

The stuarts Tudors, Yorks, Lancastor and house of Plantagenet are all blood lined to the norman conquest.

Not a case of dislike, I am indifferent to the royal family.

Would prefer a English bloodline but don't think we have had one of those since 1066( Harold Godwinson).

The James I was referring to would have been James III, had he succeeded in taking the throne. I agree that William & Mary (& Anne) were first cousins.
I also said James I was descended from Henry Vii.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here