Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Keane, says it like it is.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Absolutely. Or a Jimmy Case. It's definitely what they are missing. A leader. It's embarassing watching them right now.
No its not, its funny.
Couldn't happen to nicer club or fans (except maybe Chelsea)
But it is the strongest example yet of how quickly a good or even great team can fall apart in a short space of time.
This could be the start of a period of decline for Man U, if they do not qualify for CL next year the top players will not come to them and they could miss out on up to £60 million with the added BT money on top of Sky.
Further proof that Ferguson walked because he saw this coming yet the media have never said this. That man really is untouchable.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Have to agree with the angry one.

"There is a lack of confidence and there are some players who just don't have the quality. We've been brainwashed that the Premier League is the best in the world - nonsense".

I wonder if Mr Scudamore is on the blower to his PR department discussing how they can justify the PL's boast as the best in the world?

'So, what did you make of that, Roy?'
'I'd rather have stayed at feckin' home and wanked me feckin' dogs off to be perfectly feckin' honest wid ya, Adrian'

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Further proof that Ferguson walked because he saw this coming yet the media have never said this. That man really is untouchable.
I remember a Fighting Talk from last Autumn when the question was along the lines of who is the biggest coward in sport - one panelist (albeit maybe half-seriously) nominated Ferguson for ducking out of what was to come.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He certainly wasn't impressed with Carricks interview.....

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
confusing a team in 7th (on goal difference) failing to beat a team away in Europe, as commentry on our League? been brainwashed that Manchester United should sweep all before it, methinks.

im not a fan of the hyperbole over the Premiership, but the statement "best league in the world" doesnt even say its the best teams. i wonder if he's cast his eye over the top of the Greek League, 20 pt and 40 (forty) goal lead. Same story for Bayern in Germany, similar runaway in Italy and france. Only Spain an us where theres a contest with a 3/4 way fight. this is one large component they talk about in the quality of the leauge, the state of the competition.

I thought Hamburg beating Dortmund was quite entertaining. since having BT the German league has had some cracking games, much better then some the shite Sky show for the PL.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Poor old Moyes. He gets what he probably sees as his dream job just when Alex Ferguson has lost the plot and let the team creak into old age. Ferguson brought back 73 year old Paul Scholes, and 82 year old Ryan Giggs still gets a game. Put in Ferdinand and Vidic and United look like Geriatric Town.

Moyes could conceivably be sacked, but whoever gets the job still has a massive rebuild on their hands. I mean, would players like Smalling, Young, Jones, Cleverley etc have got into any of the decent Man Utd squads, let alone teams, in the past?

No, I don't think so either.

They have De Gea, an OK keeper who was brilliant in the Spanish League. They have Rooney, who can still perform brilliantly on his day (and possibly more so given the boost to his pay packet recently). They have Mata who would get into all but one of the Premiership teams, and ,at push, van Persil - though he seems to have aged and lost his edge somewhat. They have the diving Kosovan who might do something, and an assortment of comparative plodders. They are not Champions League material, and will probably struggle to do better than this season unless their owners get the cheque book out pronto.

Still, most of us on here don't care.

We all follow the Albion !

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The more United fail the better imo.

Disagree, the PL and the country need a good Man Utd team. I expect they'll be back next season.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I thought Hamburg beating Dortmund was quite entertaining. since having BT the German league has had some cracking games, much better then some the shite Sky show for the PL.

The highlights programme on ITV4 on Monday nights is good, shame its moved from 10-11pm now. Keep falling asleep and missing it!

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Best thing that can happen to them is to not qualify for any European competition for next season.

Assuming that they can get the players in (with no European football), is build a team that will then be able to go for all 3 domestic trophies next year (no European distractions, too many games, etc) and qualify again for the CL and go from there.

Failing that, they can be as bad as they are this year and we can continue to chuckle at their demise.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Disagree, the PL and the country need a good Man Utd team. I expect they'll be back next season.

Please, you'll have to enlighten me, if you have the time ? Possibly see some reasoning regarding PL for its own self importance (though having other clubs challenging for the title with Utd struggling is far more interesting to me)... but the country ?

Man Utd needs a good Man Utd for its own worldwide fan base who, yes, contribute to tv rights money and other commercial financial support (shirt sales etc) to the club....which does not really filter through to other clubs in this country and ring fences the PL and cuts off opportunity to some great regional clubs in this country . Their players are overpaid and usually fail with abject performances when asked to represent their national team (if they have been allowed to join the squad or have not retired from internationals to extend their club career)

I really couldn't give a monkeys if half of Asia won't watch the PL because Man Utd are failing. I'm more likely to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here