Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Keane goes

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seems a bit of a quitter old Keano, what with the Ireland World Cup furore and now this.

Couldn't stand him as a player, but had gained some respect for him as a manager. Now not so sure.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
shit manager who got lucky with promotion, Ince will be next then Hughes once Morinho (sp?!) signs!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Not sure how he got lucky with promotion. Didn't he take them over when they were pretty much bottom of the league and get them promoted as champions?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure how he got lucky with promotion. Didn't he take them over when they were pretty much bottom of the league and get them promoted as champions?

he took over from niall quinn though, who himself admitted he didnt have a clue what he was doing - there was no way that side should have been bottom of the league

at the end of the day, he has spent the 8th largest amount of money out of any club in world football this season. and its not like its even been on quality players - £8m on anton ferdinand being a prime example

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Keane is overly self-critical and needs to stop beating himself up about stuff. If he has a future in management he needs a decent assistant who can diffuse the tensions.

In some ways he's like a Brian Clough in need of a Peter Taylor.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Why you copying my thread for? :annoyed::jester:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Keane is overly self-critical and needs to stop beating himself up about stuff. If he has a future in management he needs a decent assistant who can diffuse the tensions.

In some ways he's like a Brian Clough in need of a Peter Taylor.

Who the hell is going to do that job? I imagine he must be a very difficult bloke to work with. And that's without mentioning the beard....

Kev_England

Exiled in North Carolina
Dec 1, 2008
Research Triangle Park
A complete and utter TWAT

Roy Keane walked out on his own country in the 2002 world cup. Why should anyone be surprised by him quitting Sunderland?
He's a quitter, a loser, and I for one am glad I dont have to listen to his shit anymore during the premier league highlights show.:clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
yeh i think he will be manager of man utd once fergie goes! however the way he drops people for no reasons wont do him well with big names at man utd

Oh good, then Man U will become shit just like they were when Busby quit and they had to wait for 20 odd years to get another decent manager:thumbsup:

Keane is a shit manager, with 60 million spent his team should not be in the bottom 3. There is no excuse for that, except if you're not very good at your job.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder how long it will be before Paul Ince joins him as an out of work manager and ex Man U player and one of Fergies old boys.

Blackburn's relegation will make sure he doesn't get anywhere near United. I must admit my dream scenario would be Ince and Keane at United :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who the hell is going to do that job? I imagine he must be a very difficult bloke to work with. And that's without mentioning the beard....

Ok, here's one name for you - Denis Irwin. Former club and country teammates.

There's loads of candidates who make good No.2s but don't quite have what it takes to be a top grade manager, i.e. Brian Kidd, Joe Jordan. Keane with any of those would be a much better manager.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Me thinks he will be in charge at Notts Forest within 7 days, strong rumours that Calderwood is getting the sack and Sam Allardyce will take over but I reckon Keane will go to Forest and Allardyce will go to Sunderland.

I think the beard will remain at Sunderland for a further seven days before joining Keane at Notts Forest as part of his back room.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Typical, just like Keegan the going gets tough and the tough get going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here