Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Keane. Controversial, but honest. Dixon and Soughgate embarrassing

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I watch England with a feeling of indifference. We can't win the main tournament so does it really matter if we qualify or not?

The players quite clearly don't give a shit. So why should anybody else. As for paying to see it. Or travelling to some shit hole full of people who act like cave men (yes I am aware the game was not at selhurst) to witness the complete ineptitude in the flesh well......

Its one thing for a domestic club with limited resources to constantly struggle. Quite another for a team full of top premiership stars to act like they really couldn't be arsed to get out of bed to go to work.

Then you have muppets like Dixon and southgate adding insult to injury by making excuses for them. The whole thing is laughable really.

Should just stick that u21 side out for the next game. Might be entertaining at the very least.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Lee Dixon is a total waste of space as a pundit.

Atleast Southgate and Keane tried management, alright they both failed but they gave it a go. Dixon has opted for an easy life criticising the work of others. The man is a fool.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
More nonsense on this thread; Lee Dixon was the only sensible voice on there; Roy Keane is clearly a fruit-loop, and threw his pen down when Dixon told him to 'hang on' when he was spouting anti-English claptrap. A draw there is a good result, no more, no less. End of.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Keane just disagrees for the sake of disagreeing, and that's why he doesn't have many friends in football.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Can we seriously hope for success when some of the national team are not even in the first team of their clubs. Could we ever have imagined that situation.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Not exactly a complete performance from England. As Keane said, we've yet to see one from this particular shower of despicable phukkwits.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Keane is a winner and has that in-built mentality. I think that is why he has struggled as a manager, players just can't live up to his expectations probably because they don't have the ability.

Give me Keane over boring (and I mean really boring) Dixon and Southgate.

Also, one of the tv stations should snap up Stan Collymore, he's very good on Talksport.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Great call by Keane at h/t saying England seldom give a good performance for the whole 90 mins. We haven't got the quality we once had. This match showed we need Rio and Wilshere to start.

I don't want to see that ******** anywhere near another England team, and Gerrard is a joke as captain. Why is that whimp Cleverley even picked? Bridders should have not played for Scotland, and waited for a call from Woy, he would be no worse that the England midfielders.

The players we are missing is John Terry as Captain and Frank Lampard in midfield as the "old head" instead of Gerrard. It was like watching a FA Cup tie between as bunch of overpaid Premiership players and a lower league team with some passion. Whatever was said in their Dressing Room at half-time certainly got them motivated.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No. Keane is the architypal naysayer.... brilliant at finding other people's deficiences, useless at giving credit to thıose who do well.... and equally blind at noticing his own deficiences

Last night was tailor-made for him.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Keane says it as it is.

Soughgate and Dixon praising the opposition and claiming a good point. Talking crap.

Major football nation England second in group and they struggle against second or third tier teams.
No, we ARE a second tier team, the top tier sides are teams like Germany, Italy, Brazil, Argentina - the teams that are favourites to win tournaments and then do. We haven't been a top nation since the 1920s.

Agree that we should realistically expect to be better than the likes of Montenegro though. Just proves that size of population is not necessarily a limiting factor in being able to find eleven competent footballers.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
God he's a miserable ******* though isn't he? Even if we do win the group he'll complain that it's not by enough points, or we should have had a better goal difference.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't want to see that ******** anywhere near another England team, and Gerrard is a joke as captain. Why is that whimp Cleverley even picked? Bridders should have not played for Scotland, and waited for a call from Woy, he would be no worse that the England midfielders.

The players we are missing is John Terry as Captain and Frank Lampard in midfield as the "old head" instead of Gerrard. It was like watching a FA Cup tie between as bunch of overpaid Premiership players and a lower league team with some passion. Whatever was said in their Dressing Room at half-time certainly got them motivated.

i think the problem was too many english players PP

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Was it JUST me that would have happily taken a draw away to Montenegro?

Yes, in the context it was disappointing, but still leaves it in our own hands.

Win against Montenegro at home and it should be fine. Only 1 away game left for England at Ukraine. 3 home games.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well, let me tell you - when it came to set pieces, and that clown Gerrard stood over the ball, all I kept thinking was - IF ONLY ENGLAND HAD SOMEONE LIKE SPANISH DAVE! lol

Gerrard who was our leading assist maker in the Euro's and set up our only goal from the corner kick last night?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Was it JUST me that would have happily taken a draw away to Montenegro?

Yes, in the context it was disappointing, but still leaves it in our own hands.

Win against Montenegro at home and it should be fine. Only 1 away game left for England at Ukraine. 3 home games.

No, probaly not just you. There were 11 players on a football pitch in Montenegro last night who looked to have the same attitude. Simply not acceptable for a country like England - players and fans - to have that attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here