Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Hodgson

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Bring back CRAPELLO!

Never understood the out and out hatred for Capello.An outrageous decision(Lampard disallowed goal against Germany)cost him his job.Had that been allowed England would have won that game and then who knows what.

If Hodgson goes then England fans have to be prepared to have another foreign manager.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
It would have been nice to see Rashford or Vardy. Defending a one goal lead is a mugs game.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Never understood the out and out hatred for Capello.An outrageous decision(Lampard disallowed goal against Germany)cost him his job.Had that been allowed England would have won that game and then who knows what.

If Hodgson goes then England fans have to be prepared to have another foreign manager.

Now I know you are ill - go and have a lie down:mad:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If your CENTRE Forward , TOP scorer is 40 yards away from the goal at every corner it is going to be difficult to score
Are EWE only ALOUD to score from corners then? :dunce:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Before the tournament I was totally meh about England, I want them to do well but fully expected the usual crap, so you would think that I am glib about yesterday's match.
But no, that was the performance I have been waiting for for many years, even my figure of hate, Wayne Rooney was excellent and controlled the game.
So who ruined it, Woy of course.
Sterling was ineffective and should not have appeared in the second half.
Kane looked tired and should have been subbed on 60 minutes at the latest but to keep him on and let him take corners is unbelievable.
To make defensive subs as soon as we score is suicide at this level when we have the firepower to increase the lead as the Russians push forward for the equaliser.
Russia were crap but we tired in the second half, changes had to be made but no.
Woy cocked up big time on the night but as for most of the players I was proud of them, at last.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Alan Pardew then ???
It WOOD be GRATE to see him DANCING on the touchline on the International STAGE with the FREE LOINS badge on his BLAZER.

I think we'll be spared that.

Remember the build up to Hodgson's appointment? The media were convinced Rednapp would get it. I suspect the FA didn't want someone with a dubious history like him. The classless spunktrumpet won't get it either.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If that is true... than it's a small and depressing list:
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
Steve Bruce
Eddie Howe
Sam Allardyce
Gareth Southgate

Could only argue that one of them would be a better appointment.

Edited for you.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Surely it will be the END for this CLOWN after the Euros, no way can he get another tournament to muck up can he ? Useless as a club manager, never won even a RAFFLE with a TOP club, somehow got the ENGLAND job instead of the people's PICK Harry Redknapp and has stunk out every tournament since.

Dire at Euro 12, WORST ever performance at at World Cup in 2014 and now DIER at 2014. He is just another YES man in a FA Blazer and we have a talented crop of youngsters but all they do is DEFEND and as for KANE taking corners, what sort of coaching BADGE do you NEED to coach that ?

Sack Hodgson NOW

Hodgson is the best England manager for some time. I'd sooner leave the job with him for a fair while to come.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I thought at the time that bringing on Wiltshire is exactly what Hughton would do.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] says about Hary Kane taking the corners is 100% accurate. That should never be happening if you have only one out and out striker on the pitch, when Rooney is playing in midfield.

This England side can win this competition because the midfield is superb and the strikers are good. On top of that the full backs are excellent. My issue with Hodgson is that he is playing ''out of form'' players like Sterling, Wilshere and Rooney. And to win a tournament like this you usually need a top class keeper and for me Joe Hart is a liability occasionally. He has Fraser Foster in reserve but he still persists with Hart.

I didn't think that Russia were as poor a side as the commentators suggested. They were all comfortable on the ball and that right full back was brilliant. They should beat Wales quite simply because the squad of players should know how to stop Bale. You don't want to struggle to get out of the group because you don't want to come up against a group winner in the next phase.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The game that Germany ended up winning 4-1 in a canter you mean?

Do you seriously think that a team that had been pegged back from 2-0 to 2-2 just before half time would come out with the same confidence and play the same way as a team who knew they had just got away with murder, and had God - and the referee, and Lady Luck - on their side that day?
:facepalm:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Do you seriously think that a team that had been pegged back from 2-0 to 2-2 just before half time would come out with the same confidence and play the same way as a team who knew they had just got away with murder, and had God - and the referee, and Lady Luck - on their side that day?
:facepalm:

Yes

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The media were convinced Rednapp would get it.

I don't think that's quite true. 'Arry's mates in the media were talking him up for the job but I certainly don't recall any sense of Hodgson's appointment being a complete shock - there were plenty of people in the media who pointed out Redknapp's many faults.

My issue with Hodgson is that he is playing ''out of form'' players like Sterling, Wilshere and Rooney.

Wilshere out of form? He's hardly played a game - how can you be out of form when you're not playing?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think that's quite true. 'Arry's mates in the media were talking him up for the job but I certainly don't recall any sense of Hodgson's appointment being a complete shock - there were plenty of people in the media who pointed out Redknapp's many faults.

Wilshere out of form? He's hardly played a game - how can you be out of form when you're not playing?

Well he is not ''in form''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here