Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Chubby Brown cancelled

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Whoosh. Parody post!

I did half think that due to the lack of people jumping on it etc with the comedians listed - all the same, the description I quoted and my reply makes no odds to a joke post or not…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Typical thread full of the usual trendy NSC Metropolitan Elite showing off. I bet they all love clever left wing comics like Stephen Mulhern and Michael Macintyre. It's about time the real alternative comics like Roy, Jim Davidson and Jimmy Tarbuck were given another crack at ITV prime time.

Michael MacIntyre is about as funny as an anal fistular.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
trendy NSC Metropolitan Elite Is a class description :lol:

I haven’t read the thread but I do wonder how these people would cope going to the pub for a few pints - they can’t have ever sat at a bar and got involved in the conversations that go on :lol:

Whoosh indeed.
Though to pick up on your point about bar conversation, I have sat at many a bar in my time and I’m happy to report that not once did the conversation involve calling black people the N word.
Perhaps thankfully, we frequent different types of pub.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Whoosh indeed.
Though to pick up on your point about bar conversation, I have sat at many a bar in my time and I’m happy to report that not once did the conversation involve calling black people the N word.

Wow - talk about jumping the gun and assuming - I didn’t have one poster in my mind as I haven’t read the thread. You sound a little paranoid!

Ps - I don’t like RCBrown if that helps you get what I meant - I just meant the in general NSC type who struggle with controversial debate! And there wasn’t a whoosh as I explained as I just liked the phrasing - maybe I shouldn’t have posted it in a thread about a racist comedian admittedly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wow - talk about jumping the gun and assuming - I didn’t have one poster in my mind as I haven’t read the thread. You sound a little paranoid!

Ps - I don’t like RCBrown if that helps you get what I meant - I just meant the in general NSC type who struggle with controversial debate! And there wasn’t a whoosh as I explained as I just liked the phrasing - maybe I shouldn’t have posted it in a thread about a racist comedian admittedly.

This is back peddling gibberish. Have a good day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You don't see him anymore. No doubt cancelled by the wokearati.

If you mean by the 'wokerati', God, you would be correct.

"Bernard John Manning (13 August 1930 – 18 June 2007) was an English comedian and nightclub owner"

:facepalm:

As the late Doris Stokes once may have said, your opinion has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

"Bernard John Manning (13 August 1930 – 18 June 2007) was an English comedian and nightclub owner"

As the late Doris Stokes once may have said, your opinion has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.

Looking forward to the article in next month's Spectator claiming death is just another form of "cancelling" by woke tofu-knitters.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
trendy NSC Metropolitan Elite Is a class description :lol:

I haven’t read the thread but I do wonder how these people would cope going to the pub for a few pints - they can’t have ever sat at a bar and got involved in the conversations that go on :lol:

Just because you still think you're right after being whooshed doesn't mean you are still right ???

I spent a lot of time in rough working class pubs when I was younger. If you think that those who have moved on are dismissable by the lazy stereotype of 'trendy metropolitan elite' perhaps you should get out and about a bit more :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is back peddling gibberish. Have a good day.

:lol: what a bellend. Don’t tell me what I think and what I meant. Have a good day yourself :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just because you still think you're right after being whooshed doesn't mean you are still right ???

I spent a lot of time in rough working class pubs when I was younger. If you think that those who have moved on are dismissable by the lazy stereotype of 'trendy metropolitan elite' perhaps you should get out and about a bit more :shrug:

I was talking about those who can’t cope with general opinions that may be different or a little far out. Like anti vaxers etc - have a debate - chose the wrong thread, just thought the description matched a few posters. Nothing to see here H.l, there was no need to move on for me. I was the lone voice after 7/7 saying you can’t just kill all the ‘rag heads’ as there’s many peaceful Muslims etc for what it’s worth…! I’ve been misconstrued here and now being told what I think and meant by another poster so best to bow out now and let people wrongly judge what they like tbh.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Whoosh indeed.
As someone who once made a supposedly 'humerous' comment about not going to a city because of too many black faces I would have thought Manning et al were right up your street and you probably made similar/ worse 'jokey' comments at the bar, especially after a few drinks.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Never seen or heard any of this Roy Chubby Brown's material but having skimped through this thread will be sure to seek out his discs in local Charity shop visits

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As someone who once made a supposedly 'humerous' comment about not going to a city because of too many black faces I would have thought Manning et al were right up your street and you probably made similar/ worse 'jokey' comments at the bar, especially after a few drinks.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

couple of weeks in Lusaka will fix that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Never seen or heard any of this Roy Chubby Brown's material but having skimped through this thread will be sure to seek out his discs in local Charity shop visits

he's pretty crude to be fair and does tell the run of the mill Pakistani jokes , par for the course for comedians from the north where many towns .........oh well never mind , i believe he was a ghost writer for League of Gentlemen from time to time .....i have never heard him use the N word.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And Manning....don't forget Manning. :)

You don't see him anymore. No doubt cancelled by the wokearati.

Strange that it’s always the apparent smart ones who get wooshed. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

Yes, I was fully aware of Mr Manning's demise but thanks for the clarification.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here