Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Chubby Brown cancelled

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Okay. You're quite right. I'll have a go.

Most violent sexual murderers in the past 10 years watch Mrs Brown's Boys and were inspired by it. Prove they weren't.

You just asked me to prove something via the unusual and eccentric method of disproving something alleged without any evidence whatsoever.

Come to think of it, YOU prove to ME you're not a paedophile. Do you see the logical fallacy?

indeed, my point entirely

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
A moot point if ever I saw one.
He's been peddling his Shtick for 30 years of more and as far as I know he's not thus far responsible for any terrorist acts.

how would we know, de-humanising people is the first step

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What banning RCB could lead to is alienating and angering his audience. It is playing into the far rights hands. I know he is an odious character but how many of his fans have been found guilty of hate crimes? If you drive this underground to fester and seethe you run the risk of creating more extremism in my opinion.

He hasn’t been banned. Sheffield City council own the property and said they don’t want him playing at that venue.
There are plenty of other places that will allow him to do his act.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
He hasn’t been banned. Sheffield City council own the property and said they don’t want him playing at that venue.
There are plenty of other places that will allow him to do his act.

It sounds like a ban by the council to me? Not a blanket ban but a ban nonetheless.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
have you read the last few pages of this thread?

Most comedians have offended somebody or other somewhere down the line. I don't find him funny (the bits I've seen) and yes he is offensive, that's his Shtick. I have trouble with banning and cancelling for reasons already stated. If he breaks the law in his act then that is different and I have a problem with him.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Most comedians have offended somebody or other somewhere down the line. I don't find him funny (the bits I've seen) and yes he is offensive, that's his Shtick. I have trouble with banning and cancelling for reasons already stated. If he breaks the law in his act then that is different and I have a problem with him.

he hasn't been banned. still.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He has been banned from a venue by a council.

The council have freedom of choice as to who appears at their venue. It’s possible the person who booked it may not even know who he is.

Councils have diversity rules for their staff so it’s possible the show was cancelled when it was found out.
Brown is free to hire another venue in Sheffield. I’m sure some old working men’s club will have him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here