Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rowett leaves Birmingham

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fingers crossed this plays into the Albion's hands, but assuming Zola's the man I can't help thinking we'd be better off playing them in a few games time.
Give Zola a couple of games to screw the team up, as opposed to 'one last effort' for Rowett.

Looking ahead though, I'm more certain of 3 points in April, assuming Zola is still the manager then!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Fingers crossed this plays into the Albion's hands, but assuming Zola's the man I can't help thinking we'd be better off playing them in a few games time.
Give Zola a couple of games to screw the team up, as opposed to 'one last effort' for Rowett.

Looking ahead though, I'm more certain of 3 points in April, assuming Zola is still the manager then!

But Stat Bruv, Do you not think that if the players trusted and like Rowett - as they seem to do - they will "protest" on
Saturday by not trying?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But Stat Bruv, Do you not think that if the players trusted and like Rowett - as they seem to do - they will "protest" on
Saturday by not trying?
I wouldn't go that far, hopefully they are to 'stunned' to play.
I reckon they'll be a sweet spot, which will happen to be over Christmas, :thumbsup: when the new man is trying to impose himself, and the team won't know it's arse from it's elbow.

I've just had a look, after us it's Derby, Barnsley then Brentford...

...one more team out of the promotion equation.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Zola is expected to take training tomorrow so 3 sessions to sufficiently confuse the players so they are caught between Rowett's style and his :thumbsup:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Really ?

Watford was playoffs in his first season, but lower midtable halfway through the next, and he's failed abjectly in 2 more jobs in Italy and Qatar (!!) since then. Personally, I'd be (1) absolutely STEAMING at the sacking of Rowett, and (2) gutted and underwhelmed if the replacement is indeed Zola.

Typical clueless Chinese owners strike again.

There are a couple on my bank of desks. Rowetts sacking was a surprise to say the least and the initial reaction was as you'd expect. This was tempered by

1. They've had no money for a while. This is seen as clearing the decks to spunk loads up the wall in Jan. Time will tell if that is true - I'm not convinced.
2. Rowetts style of football isnt pleasing to the eye. I've watched them a few times last year and it is tolerable rather than enjoyable. Sort of Mark Mcghee marmite when he was with us.

Didn't Zolas Watford outplay us at the Amex that season before losing to you know who in the play off final or has my memory deceived me? That's what I told them anyway (Well, along with winding them up that Tim Sherwood was favourite for next manager)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Zola officially appointed - could well not be good news for Saturday now. Hopefully there's some mini turmoil though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Talk of Zola, lovely guy, pretty shoddy track record.

I mentioned Zenga tongue-in-cheek, as he is EXACTLY the type of hapless big name appointment these clueless chinese businessmen seem to gravitate towards (as Wolves found out to their cost this season).

Zola is very much in that ilk, albeit not quite as much of a dunces choice as Zenga, as he has at least managed in the country. Even though he was a failure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here