Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rowan Atkinson

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Anyone watching him in Quartermaine's Terms at the Theater Royal Brighton?

I have tickets for tonight,

Anyone else going or seen it?

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I went last night.

Surprisingly I don't think Atkinson himself was any great shakes (badly miscast, and plays what is essentially a straight role as Mr Bean), but the other six actors were very very good (the accident prone guy with the bald head is excellent), and there are a few laughs, so this more than makes up for it.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Yep, I'll be there Saturday night

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I went last night.

Surprisingly I don't think Atkinson himself was any great shakes (badly miscast, and plays what is essentially a straight role as Mr Bean), but the other six actors were very very good (the accident prone guy with the bald head is excellent), and there are a few laughs, so this more than makes up for it.

I went last night too.

You have summed it up well. I found the second half better than the first (more humour) and you are right about Rowan Atkinson, who for the first half I found was a bit too quietly spoken (but then, that was more the character he played as opposed to his performance). The remainder of the cast were good (perhaps one or two fluffed lines), with Derek/dennis stealing the show a bit!

I gave it an 8 out of 10.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I saw this on Wednesday night and agree with what everyone has said. The best acting and comedy was from the younger teacher Derek/Dennis. His semi breakdown in the second half was brilliant. Thought Atkinson was his typical self really and what I expected but in a good way. He did look pretty uncomfortable at the end when taking the applause but his is known for his shyness when out of character. Added bonus was Lynn from Alan Partridge also being in the cast. Ah Ha!!!
Think 8/10 is just the right score for this one.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
How did he

images (9).jpg

Produce

images (11).jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Thought his remake of 'Goodness Gracious Me' with Pixie Lott was very clever

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008