Rounder Records Album Club

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting to hear a positive point of view to this - I quite often buy cds from Rounder and always get the flyer for it but have always laughed to be honest, can't understand why you'd be someone that will part with 120 quid a year for music, but can't decide what you want yourself.

Do you not quite often get stuff that you are quite indifferent to and would rather have spent your tenner on something else?

How does one decide for their self? You can either listen to something, read a review or take a recommendation. The record club is the latter, but instead of just recommending it, they also send it to you. In addition I have a subscription to Fabric and I also buy a lot of stuff myself: back catalogue and stuff I have read about or heard. All of this works for me.

As for indifference, no. I get something from most of the music Rounder put my way. Some more than others for sure, but I genuinely feel better for having heard them all. I spend a lot of my income on music one way or another, and the tenner Rounder take is a bloody good investment.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
live broadcast from the Rounder basement - The label who are putting out this month's choice are incompetent wankers, first putting the release back by a week, then not sending it, then sending it today at the wrong price. An album (and at this rate it may not be the one in the boxes by my feet) will be with you shortly. apologies for the early debit on your accounts folks

If you're interested, and it usually works like clockwork, drop me a line at rounderrecords@btconnect.com

I'm assuming it wasn't in said box?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
on the reccomendation of this thread and due to the fact I have an open mind but am a lazy bastard regarding new releases, i'm joining tomorrow

The open mind bit is crucial, as long as you're receptive to trying stuff you'll be fine. They will not be sending you the current number 1. Have fun.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yay, mine has just arrived. I think this one will be a winner.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
its like a cave, it goes deep under the square and there are little music goblins manufacturing vinyl and cds whilst every now and then steve or jonny appear and give them all a whipping.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
its like a cave, it goes deep under the square and there are little music goblins manufacturing vinyl and cds whilst every now and then steve or jonny appear and give them all a whipping.

This is pretty much what I dreamt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm loving the Daggers Path EP they sent out this month.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice bounce, chap!

Going to get involved, will fire off an e-mail to the address in an earlier post.

I think you will like it Jamie. This months disc is a difficult one to describe...but it literally made me stop what I was doing and stand and stare at the CD player. It is brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports