Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rounder Records Album Club

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I know we have a few members of this on here.....
Has anyone else not got September's album yet? Account was debited a week ago and they're usually pretty prompt?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm a member and I've not got mine either.

P.S. Great club isnt it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll be popping down there lunch time so I might have an answer as well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm interested. How much do you pay, how often, and what do you get?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm interested. How much do you pay, how often, and what do you get?

£10 a month and Steve sends you his choice release of the month. I love it. As an example we've been sent Best Coast, Arial Pink, Jeffrey Lewis, Megapuss, Dangermouse/Sparklehorse, Steve Mason, Grizzle Bear, of Montreal, Fever Ray, Foals.

If you've got an open mind and want to swim a little bit below the surface it really is worth joining. If you dont like the album, or you have already bought it, you can take it back for a £10 credit note.

They also send you some listening notes..and recommended further purchases.

I've been a member for 3-4 years now and there has only been one CD I have not got something out of - Coco f***ing Rosie...who drive me nuts with their airy fairy shit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does sound good, am tempted. Have you ever taken one back to get another?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does sound good, am tempted. Have you ever taken one back to get another?

Yes, a couple of times but only because I'd already bought it myself. You have to literally buy an album on release day and have your post delayed to have this issue, as they are send out on the Saturday I think. As I mentioned there has only been on album I've not liked/not got anything from...but I kept it regardless.

Also, I was in the shop today. In response to the original post, this month's long player will be going out this weekend. Release was delayed a week. Chappy would not tell me what it is though.

Oh, and I got a lovely 'of Montreal' vinyl album :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, a couple of times but only because I'd already bought it myself. You have to literally buy an album on release day and have your post delayed to have this issue, as they are send out on the Saturday I think. As I mentioned there has only been on album I've not liked/not got anything from...but I kept it regardless.

Also, I was in the shop today. In response to the original post, this month's long player will be going out this weekend. Release was delayed a week. Chappy would not tell me what it is though.

Oh, and I got a lovely 'of Montreal' vinyl album :thumbsup:

My concern is whether I would be tempted to "cheat" the system by always returning CDs (having copied them) to get new ones?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Although I probably wouldn't bother because it would be too much effort.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My concern is whether I would be tempted to "cheat" the system by always returning CDs (having copied them) to get new ones?

A pretty shitty thing to do to a local independent record store would you agree?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely. I don't think I'd really do it, I should've phrased it as "what's to stop someone", but as you say, pretty morally bankrupt thing to do.

Now Internet Piracy, however...:facepalm:

Plus also they all sound like keepers, the albums they send out. I own about 4 of the ones you listed I think.

Hissing Fauna

Jan 12, 2010
Brighton
I know we have a few members of this on here.....
Has anyone else not got September's album yet? Account was debited a week ago and they're usually pretty prompt?

live broadcast from the Rounder basement - The label who are putting out this month's choice are incompetent wankers, first putting the release back by a week, then not sending it, then sending it today at the wrong price. An album (and at this rate it may not be the one in the boxes by my feet) will be with you shortly. apologies for the early debit on your accounts folks

If you're interested, and it usually works like clockwork, drop me a line at rounderrecords@btconnect.com

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
live broadcast from the Rounder basement - The label who are putting out this month's choice are incompetent wankers, first putting the release back by a week, then not sending it, then sending it today at the wrong price. An album (and at this rate it may not be the one in the boxes by my feet) will be with you shortly. apologies for the early debit on your accounts folks

If you're interested, and it usually works like clockwork, drop me a line at rounderrecords@btconnect.com

Thanks for the update. No problem about the early debit, was just worried it may have gone astray. Now to try and work out what's on the way...label incompetent wankers, you say?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Interesting to hear a positive point of view to this - I quite often buy cds from Rounder and always get the flyer for it but have always laughed to be honest, can't understand why you'd be someone that will part with 120 quid a year for music, but can't decide what you want yourself.

Do you not quite often get stuff that you are quite indifferent to and would rather have spent your tenner on something else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here