Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rottingdean join the fight

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Did a search and couldn't find this mentioned already.

I read in the Argus yesterday that Rottingdean Parish Council have pledged £2500 to LDC's fight against the stadium. Their main justification (well apart from the usual AONB/National Park bollocks) seemed to be that they think there will be increased traffic congestion in their idyllic little town. Correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure that Rottingdean has suffered horrendous traffic congestion without a stadium for at least the last 20 years so I'd have thought they'd be used to it.

Does anyone have any idea what that puts the anti-stadium fighting fund up to now? They need one of those gauges that shows the total collected so far like they used to have on the Blue Peter appeal. It could explode confetti everywhere and release baloons when the magical £65000 is reached.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rangdo said:

Does anyone have any idea what that puts the anti-stadium fighting fund up to now? They need one of those gauges that shows the total collected so far like they used to have on the Blue Peter appeal. It could explode confetti everywhere and release baloons when the magical £65000 is reached.

Then they could use the £65k to build a bigger gauge, to show them trying to raise the £200k they will need when they LOSE.

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
Rottingdean:shootself .......................why do i live there.............................i'm off to burn the church down:wave:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
When I was collecting signatures for the petition to be presented to LDC somebody said that Peacehaven and Rottingdean would get more traffic.
I pointed out that Falmer had a station so I would go by train (as would most Newhaven and Seaford fans)
If the stadium was moved to Sheepcote Valley then I would have to drive through their districts.
They signed the petition.

Don't these people have any sense at all?
:shootself

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
can't we have a whip round ourselves to help with the funding on our side?Then we can print it in the argus for the anti Falmer bridgade to see.this will rub there noses in it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm sure we could rasie 90k before the summer and when we win and Lewes council have to re inburst all our costs, our money (agreement with club)When refunded can all go to McGhee.Our new player then can me called.....
*The Falmer kid*

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
algie said:
can't we have a whip round ourselves to help with the funding on our side?Then we can print it in the argus for the anti Falmer bridgade to see.this will rub there noses in it.

I would contribute but a lot would say 'the club get enough money out of me and where are the new signings'

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Surely the enemy could get in contact with the BBC as the Blue Peter archives must have a spare 'Grand Total' gauge to highlight the cash total that will never be reached?

And if it is reached at least they would be able to keep it for prosterity, and shining beacon as a collosal waste of money...

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yorkie said:
I would contribute but a lot would say 'the club get enough money out of me and where are the new signings'

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
mona said:
It really is a simple case of class war now.
Posh toffs v Football hoolies.
oh yes

There's a very good spoof letter in today's Argus along the same lines, about hundreds of football hooligans urinating in Falmer pond and so on. Like all satire, it's not too far off the mark, really; it's difficult to believe this whole tedious saga isn't in part based on class.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
So they'd prefer it at Sheepcote would they? Which would cause even more congestion. Fools.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If I had my way I'd make a dual carriage way out of Rottingdean, it gets right on my tits.
It's probably twinned with Ditchling, as they're the most annoying places to drive through

D

Deleted User X18H

mona said:
oh yes
Posh toffS in Rottingdean I don't think so, more inbreds who can't afford BN1 or BN3

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
mona said:
oh yes

Always has been in the Brighton/Sussex area regarding The Albion. You only have to look at the (fairly) recent struggle to get to use Withdean. Now we have a stadium plan outside of their jurisdiction verses the ease of building a huge opera venue in the middle of the Sussex countryside. Forget the quality and aesthetics of the structure-it didn't take 10 years to get planning permission did it? Mavis Saggytits and her merry band of Falmer Fuckwits didn't offer one fecking protest did they?

It's not a class thing though-LDC keep telling us so therefore we must believe them.

Another duckpond to fill with concrete....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bwian said:

Another duckpond to fill with concrete....

If the duckpond is so important, I have three beautiful duck ponds at the end of my road.
Quackers. :dunce:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Do they have an email address in order that someone on here points out the OBVIOUS re: Sheepcote Valley to, or do they still use the carrier pigeons or the Pony Express?

Anyway £2,500 is a piss in the ocean. Jonathan Clay (Albion's QC) wouldn't get off the bog for that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:
If the duckpond is so important, I have three beautiful duck ponds at the end of my road.
Quackers. :dunce:
:rolleyes:

It's a symbolic statement-I don't REALLY want to concrete the damn pond... oh never mind:rolleyes:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bwian said:
:rolleyes:

It's a symbolic statement-I don't REALLY want to concrete the damn pond... oh never mind:rolleyes:

I know. I was also being facetious. It isn't just posh areas that have duck ponds.
The smilies don't reflect posts well enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here