Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham fielded an ineligible player against Albion

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did this player have a significant effect on the outcome of the game?

A massive effect. He made Leon Best look like an amateur who wasn't even trying :jester:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This could be interesting. Evans must be fuming.

Evans fuming............Thats a laugh, he was the stupid man that played the player. They should do it like the old rowing boats in the local park. ''Come in number 16'' yer 28 day loan period is up then the silly people like Evans wouldn't make such basic mistakes

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Evans fuming............Thats a laugh, he was the stupid man that played the player. They should do it like the old rowing boats in the local park. ''Come in number 16'' yer 28 day loan period is up then the silly people like Evans wouldn't make such basic mistakes

Evans won't have anything to do with their contracts, despite his, ahem, colourful history of doing just that at Boston United.

They'll have some admin guy whose job it is to deal with player registrations, just like whoever it was who screwed up on the agent issue we got fined for earlier in the season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Steve-Evans.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Evans won't have anything to do with their contracts, despite his, ahem, colourful history of doing just that at Boston United.

They'll have some admin guy whose job it is to deal with player registrations, just like whoever it was who screwed up on the agent issue we got fined for earlier in the season.

Ha ha I was about to say the same thing. Not like he doesn't have a history with all sorts of dodgy arrangements and such. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Evans had arranged the loan agreement and signed the paperwork! :moo:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I should ask for my money back!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
So say we were playing Millwall on the last day and if they beat us they stayed up.

We could just give Chelsea a few million quid to play the game for us... win, lose the points, but stay up!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
What would their penalty have been if they hadn't won?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why do they need a hearing? He is either eligible to play (and they have the records) or he isn't. Or do they have to hear the club's excuse before deducting the points?

Yes! They have to allow the manager of the team in question the chance to stand up before them and plead that he's a man of great honour and unblemished good charact...oh.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

That is probably true but when you bring a player in, surely the manager has a list of the fixtures ahead. if he cant work out in his mind what games that loan period will be covering him for then you shouldn't be managing a football team. perhaps if the Match v brightton was a re-arranged game he might be off the hook but I don't think it was.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
This could be interesting. Evans must be fuming.
That would be unusual for him!

Either way, could drop them into a position they'd rather not be in (dependent on Milwall and Wigan pulling their fingers out).

Oddly enough, I do think it's right that we don't get given the three points if they do take them away. We failed to win the game in the first place and the idea would be to punish Rotherham, not that we somehow get a reward for it...that said, if we were to be given them then that would be fine!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Of course, Rotherham could just go out and try and actually WIN a couple more games and make sure they're safe, rather than the way we do it which is to play all manner of utter garbage players, and HOPE everyone else around us loses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here