Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham date switch

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
The Stoke match has been moved forward a day because the council won't allow us to play any home games on Saturdays in December. Why, then, is the Rotherham home game still scheduled for Saturday, 4th December? Or have I missed something?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albionite83 said:
The Stoke match has been moved forward a day because the council won't allow us to play any home games on Saturdays in December. Why, then, is the Rotherham home game still scheduled for Saturday, 4th December? Or have I missed something?

I have a feeling that it is the 2 Saturday's before Christmas that the rule kicks in. Also, this is the date of the second round of the FA Cup and so we do not normally have a fixture that day....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Rotherham date switch

Uncle Buck said:
Also, this is the date of the second round of the FA Cup and so we do not normally have a fixture that day....
Cuttingly harsh, but brutally accurate.

Thankfully we are one of the "Big Boys" again now though.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
oh what a crock of sh*t :angry:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
It could also be because Rotherham may not yet have agreed to the date switch... and once they do, the fixture will be updated.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Yes - we cannot play on that day - but Rotherham have to agree to play us on the Friday ... they may prefer midweek for instance

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We have to make allowances for all the locals using the park and ride to do their CHristmas shopping.

Look on the bright side chaps, at least it means you can watch the Albion AND drag round the shops with the missus.
:lolol:

Some clubs actually make their fans CHOOSE :jester:

tainan

Jul 5, 2003
Why do Rotherham have to do their shopping on a Saturday anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here