Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross McCormack

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
People need to get real here. We won't ever spend 5 million on a single player while in the Championship. Even if we rake in a load of dosh selling players it isn't going to happen.

Really??

We spent 3.2 mil on CMS and that was three years ago prior to a ball being kicked at the newly built Amex. Is a bid that exceeds that by just 1.8 mil really that hard to believe.

Whilst I'm not saying it's going to happen we still have the Bridcutt/Barnes transfer fees that have yet to be re-invested

Last edited:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
On FIFA, I bought Ross McCormack and Connor Wickham after the sale of Leo and Buckley.
They fired the team to Championship victory by a clear margin.
I'm now a mid table Premiership team, and have reached the FA Cup final twice.
Please let it be true...

Cant beleive you didnt get a look in for the actual albion job - top work fella....

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
We spent 3.2 mil on CMS and that was three years ago prior to a ball being kicked at the newly built Amex. Is a bid that exceeds that by just 1.8 mil really that hard to believe.

We paid £2.5m with add-ons based on goals and promotion, neither of which have happened. It'd be double what we paid and I suspect 3x CMS will be what's required to get RMC, plus £25k a week or more. Out of our range by a distance.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There are 10 Championship clubs getting parachute payments next season. Who bid for McCormack? Take your pick but I imagine he'd choose a 'big' club rather than Fulham, so I'm in the Norwich camp.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Really??

Whilst I'm not saying it's going to happen we still have the Bridcutt/Barnes transfer fees that have yet to be re-invested

Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh. How many times? No we do not. We may have the actual money but the FFP debt allowed starts again. That money is essentially gone. It meant we had a lower debt last season. Not more to spend this season.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh. How many times? No we do not. We may have the actual money but the FFP debt allowed starts again. That money is essentially gone. It meant we had a lower debt last season. Not more to spend this season.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure that is 100% correct although the general point stands. This is a question for the EPs of this world. Any money we received in the last financial year has gone. But as most fees seem to be installments, where is that likely to leave us. Presumably we will still be committed to part payments from Stephens etc. Does the amount we will receive get lumped in last year or does it get spread over the term for FFP? If you know you will be £4 million over FFP limits so you sell a player for £4 million which will be paid on installments, have you wiped out the deficit or only reduced it by the amount you receive up front?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here