Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross McCormack

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Didn't leicester and west ham out bid us for CMS? As long as Palace have offered leeds enough money for them to grant him permission, can't he talk to and choose them any way?

except Palace are saying they have got him for £750K while others seem to value McCormack at near £2m which is maybe a bit steep but doesn't seem massively over the top given his scoring record. That's a hell of a gap for the club to allow him a free choice ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RM is hanging about for the Bahraini Royal Family takeover to see if Leeds will match his demands on a new deal , if not he'll get the best his agent can arrange elsewhere. It appears he has turned down personal terms at Huddersfield who are now poised to sign Southern from Blackpool. I believe their bid for RM was in excess of £1.5M which could be why Dougie said in a press release they couldn't compete at that sort of price level as a softener for the fans. RM plus cash for CMS in a swap deal is still on Warnock's wishlist but I don't think that will happen. RM played 68 minutes in a 6-0 pre-season friendly victory at Tavistock (same day as Varney agreed his move to Leeds)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can't see us entertaining the CMS / RM swap proposal TBH... Gus would lose face, and we need to start giving CMS the right service more often before we lose faith in him, surely? I certainly want to keep CMS AND add a target man... do we really want to be chasing 2, rather than 1, new strikers? We already know how difficult it is to get a suitable striker in...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Spoke to a Palace fan in the know today. He said the best they can hope for is to avoid the drop as they are potless. This is a well connected Palace fan not one of the numpties you get on here.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
RM is hanging about for the Bahraini Royal Family takeover to see if Leeds will match his demands on a new deal , if not he'll get the best his agent can arrange elsewhere. It appears he has turned down personal terms at Huddersfield who are now poised to sign Southern from Blackpool. I believe their bid for RM was in excess of £1.5M which could be why Dougie said in a press release they couldn't compete at that sort of price level as a softener for the fans. RM plus cash for CMS in a swap deal is still on Warnock's wishlist but I don't think that will happen. RM played 68 minutes in a 6-0 pre-season friendly victory at Tavistock (same day as Varney agreed his move to Leeds)

Thanks. Nice to have an authoritative response although that won't be comfortable reading for Palace fans.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Spoke to a Palace fan in the know today. He said the best they can hope for is to avoid the drop as they are potless. This is a well connected Palace fan not one of the numpties you get on here.

fits what we seem to be seeing in the marketplace

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Leeds have upped the wages they're offering apparently so it looks as though he'll be going nowhere after all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Many clubs will be up shit creek when FFP comes into effect and are already bringing in experts to interpret how much leeway there is within the framework (bending the rules). Survival could be down to bringing enough players through the academy set ups to sell onto bigger clubs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Varney and McCormack are in the starting XI for the pre-season friendly at Bodmin.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Leeds have upped the wages they're offering apparently so it looks as though he'll be going nowhere after all.

Would fit in with the new owners being expected to be announced and also the ridiculous number of players they've signed over the last 2 days.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
McCormack to Palace not looking too likely according to this

Eagles close in on Allart | Sky Sports

Crystal Palace are interested in French striker Alexis Allart.

The 25-year-old has spent the last few days training with the south London outfit, but the Eagles manager stressed no deal has been concluded yet.

Allart came to prominence following a successful campaign with Ligue 2 side Boulogne where he netted 12 goals in 32 games.

And with funds limited at Selhurst Park, Freedman is trying his best to be imaginative as he closes in on the £300,000-rated marksman.

Fitness levels

"Alexis has been in for a couple of days fitness testing," Freedman told Latest - London 24.

"We want to set up the fitness levels. When we make a signing we want to get it right."

Indeed, this is the stage of the year when most teams are making new additions to their squads but the Eagles chief maintains Allart is the only one in their sights for now.

Characters

"We are not close on other targets," he added. "We want to get the right type in with the right characters and ability.

"We need to wait and see. It's difficult right now when your competitors can pay big money.

"I think Hull signed a striker for £2.5 million. When that happens, you've got to be patient and you look for that rough diamond

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But as we all know, if Dougie says something isn't happening, that means it definitely is. This guy hasn't even been on trial, smarten up and get on Palace fans level please.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
A new striker from Ligue 2 ay?

So £300,000 on him, how are you going to have enough to spend around £1million on McCormack ? :/

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Has he signed for Palace yet???. What's the hold up, I thought he was mates with Dougie and it was a done deal....pmsl.

What does it matter who we sign to you?
The French lad could be a decent signing as could Baxter who is also training with us as is another Chilean lad Riaz.
I'd much rather us bring in 3 decent players with the ability to improve our squad than one greedy marquee signing RM.
Why put all your eggs in one basket?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has he signed for Palace yet???. What's the hold up, I thought he was mates with Dougie and it was a done deal....pmsl.
McCormack will be a Palace player by the end of the transfer window.
I'd much rather us bring in 3 decent players with the ability to improve our squad than one greedy marquee signing RM.
Why put all your eggs in one basket?
Well obviously the idea would be to bring in a few decent players, not just RM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here