Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ross Barkley - released.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Me too - but I naturally thought ‘could he do a job for us?’ - I reckon if you looked there’s probably 25 clubs in Britain with similar threads on their message boards this evening though!
My thoughts as well..

DW came to mind instantly.

After having time to think about it, does he have the Drive DW does?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No. No he couldn't.

And the rationale for an arbitrary 'No, no he couldn't' for a 28 year old former England international whose career has stalled (like Lallana's and Welbeck's had) is ..............? Obviously, 'Because he's shit' isn't the answer - you don't get to play more than 230 games over ten years in the PL if you're shit.
So why an instant arbitrary no (given that wages could be a serious complication, but if that could be resolved)?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not for me. He’s nowhere near AleMac, Gross, Mwepu

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No better than we already have.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“ In 2013, Everton manager Roberto Martínez described Barkley as a mix of Paul Gascoigne and Michael Ballack.”

:lolol:

Pint of what Roberto had please

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No. The difference with someone like Lallana and Welbeck is that they had the right sort of character to be useful in and around the group even when not playing (and in the case of Welbeck we were absolutely crying out for someone in that position). Not the case for Barkley given it’s a position we are well covered on top of a questionable attitude and fitness issues not to mention the wages.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No. The difference with someone like Lallana and Welbeck is that they had the right sort of character to be useful in and around the group even when not playing (and in the case of Welbeck we were absolutely crying out for someone in that position). Not the case for Barkley given it’s a position we are well covered on top of a questionable attitude and fitness issues not to mention the wages.

Wages? Covered by the caveat in the OP.
Attitude? Has there been anything rumoured about this? Anything that someone with a degree in emotional intelligence and a reputation for improving players can't sort? That is, if there is an attitude problem.
Fitness? Welbeck ....................................

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
ardcollegeno000!-god!-no-god.gif

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another player with plenty of cash who just can't be arsed any more (see also Alli, Lingard, Bale.)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No. No he couldn't.

This.

He would be yet another midfield player fighting for a place in what is probably our strongest area of the pitch when it comes down to numbers of players who are already demanding places in the team.

Gross, McAllister, Lallana, Caicedo, Mwepu, Alzate, Moder (when fit), all clamouring to start. He really doesn't offer anything that we don't already have, so no thank you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wages? Covered by the caveat in the OP.
Attitude? Has there been anything rumoured about this? Anything that someone with a degree in emotional intelligence and a reputation for improving players can't sort? That is, if there is an attitude problem.
Fitness? Welbeck ....................................

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here