Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosenior in CM.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He is an amazing player, but I think he is too versatile to start him in midfield. I think he'll start at left back with Bong on the Bench. With Knockeart out, we will have to start with Murphy and Skalak out wide, and Towell will have to start alongside Kayal in the centre. Thank god we have Dunk back. But how ever you look at it, it's a very weak team.

Be interesting to compare it with virtually any starting lineup from last season. I bet it's still a fair bit stronger.......

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Bruno RM, Rosenior RB.

Defensively, I prefer Rosenior for this type of game but Bruno could be a spark that we need. I'd imagine we'd play a counter-attacking game for the first 60 mins then go all out. I think playing to bring this game to a 2-2 on aggregate may increase our chances if we can get to extra time. Somewhere, there's a logic here or maybe I'm clutching at straws, but let's hope Wednesday run themselves ragged then tire so we can hit them better on the counter.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
It makes very good sense imo. When was the last time Crofts got minutes? I can't remember.

Bugger. Much as Rosenior could probably do a job, doesn't make sense to move him into that position ahead of Crofts.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It makes very good sense imo. When was the last time Crofts got minutes? I can't remember.

He was playing regularly for Gillingham - full games - until mid-April, when he came off after 60 minutes. So, possibly injured. The answer then is a month ago... hardly a problem on that score if he's over his injury. I suspect he's another who's ineligible as the club's been so quiet about this. If so, having 3 central midfielders unavailable for the play-offs because of loans may have been a bit of a cock-up in hindsight.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
He was playing regularly for Gillingham - full games - until mid-April, when he came off after 60 minutes. So, possibly injured. The answer then is a month ago... hardly a problem on that score if he's over his injury.
Fair point but different level of football altogether. He wouldn't be my choice.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
A midfield three of Kayal, Bruno, and Skalak in a more forward role. Two wingers, Lua Lua and Murphy with Baldock up front, to be replaced by Wilson when he tires. Rosenior at Rb, Bong at Lb. need Skalak to provide the free kicks for Dunk and Greer. We'll need three in midfield, pace on the wings and shooters from distance as Wednesday will sit deep. Still possible......

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Bruno RM, Rosenior RB.

Defensively, I prefer Rosenior for this type of game but Bruno could be a spark that we need. I'd imagine we'd play a counter-attacking game for the first 60 mins then go all out. I think playing to bring this game to a 2-2 on aggregate may increase our chances if we can get to extra time. Somewhere, there's a logic here or maybe I'm clutching at straws, but let's hope Wednesday run themselves ragged then tire so we can hit them better on the counter.

I think it's v unlikely Wednesday will try to attack us. They will sit deep, make life difficult for us and try to hit us on the break. We will need pace and trickery on the wings and maybe some long distance shots....therefore need Lua Lua and Skalak in the team.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
It's a possibility. Liam made it clear at the end last night that this isn't all over. He is a great team player and will no doubt do whatever is asked of him. Towell didn't do too badly under such difficult circumstances.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Yep Liam has to start - need his spirit. Monday may end in failure but could also be greatest night ever. Liam is the type of player to make that happen

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I've been the most negative man out there tonight but is it really THAT weak??

Stockdale
Bruno
Rosenoir
Dunk
Greer
Murphy
Skalák / Lua Lua
Kayal
Towell
Baldock
Wilson

My only concern really would be Richie Towell. Some may also question Wilson but I think this game might suit him. In theory we should be at them from the get go. Wilson isn't really suited to a 10 men backs to the walk job away from home.

That team has easily got two goals in it. Be it Murphy, one of the strikers or Dunk from a Skalák set piece.

The telling thing for me as I was utterly dejected at Full time, was the immediate reaction of the players. I expected heads down and hard done by body language. But there was none of that. As far as they're concerned we are still in this tie.

Finally some sense on the Wilson debate. Neither he nor Baldock are the right sort to play backs to goal football.

With regards to Liam R we still haven't been beaten in a game where he's started. He must start Monday.

That pillock Naylor has him on the bench Monday for some reason.

I thought Bong didn't look the same player again yesterday so would rather see LR play there and give Crofts/Towell the CM spot.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Someone feel free to correct me and I am not suggesting it as a viable option - but I am sure I remember Bruno playing in a defensive midfield role last season at some point?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I thought Liam was unfortunate to be on the bench last night. With all the players we have missing imo Liam must start.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I am not sure why he did not start in first place.....He has had a good season and last night showed what he is made off..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought Bong didn't look the same player again yesterday so would rather see LR play there and give Crofts/Towell the CM spot.

I thought that he did very well and arguably MOM for us. We need him at LB to push our wide man whether it be, hopefully Skalak or Murphy but if not Lua Lua down the wing to attack their right back.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
My main concern after last night is Wilson. Every time a player got any where near him he fell over,Towel I thought did well at least he ran at people ,appeared to have a good turn of speed and attempted a shot or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here