Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roquefort

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Had a cracking Blue D'Affinois from Waitrose posh range last week. Milder than a roquefort. Creamy in a cambozola kind of way. Glorious.

But you still can't beat an Ami du Chambertin. Not a blue admittedly. Steeped in brandy, bright orange rind, looks like a road traffic accident when allowed to rest at room temperature and with the punchy aggressiveness of a honey badger.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We drove to Cyprus 20 years ago and en route through Italy stopped off at Montepulciano to buy some Vino Noble, which was good but also bought some vintage cheese frkm the wjne cellars. It was very expensive about £30 a kg but boy was it good.and tasty.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Love Roquefort, though Tesco's do a surprisingly good cambozola even in their Station Road hellhole.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Roquefort is my favourite cheese by a mile
#sheeptastic

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Love Roquefort. Also Gorgonzola, delicious stirred into freshly cooked pasta with olive oil and garlic.

Another favourite (for a spreadable) is Crème de St Agur :thumbsup:

And Blacksticks Blue.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
That's a parrot with lovely plumage.
I think you may have meant Norwegian Yarlsburg (by chance)

I think he probably meant Norwegian Brown Cheese (Brunost)

_65465992_tinebrunost.jpg

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Have to be honest, with threads like this it doesn't surprise me that we get the piss taken out of us at times by other clubs fans. Are we the most middle class supporters in the world?

Ooops sincere apologies.

Mods, please could you retitle my original entry

White Lighting

and substitute the following:
Just had a rather fine can of White Lightning with a packet of Cheesy Wotsits....

is there anything better I ask?

thanks

Egon Ronay (Miss)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Nothing will beat mature blue stilton.

But compared to a Roquefort or even a nice dolcelatte, sometimes a stilton can just be a bit too much like when you take a big, unintended swig of that hairy blue-grey self-formed lid that forms on top of a milky drink that's been left out for two months. Ah, student days.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Ah, your username suggests you're pretty familiar with it.

I was at a party in Madrid once (ooh get me) and mentioned how nice the cheese I was demolishing was. Yeah, better than that stilton he said, to which I got all defensive. 5 minutes later I had to agree with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here