[Humour] Room 101!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
What's Bob done wrong? Are you smarting from when he went electric and provided the blueprint for the next decade of rock music? When he turned away from being 'the voice of a generation' and wrote personal songs? Do you feel he was overly cutting in 'Desolation Row' or 'Like A Rolling Stone', overly honest about his divorce on 'Blood On The Tracks'? Do you resent him changing his singing style in the seventies? Was it 'Tarantula' or his overrated paintings? Are you upset by his conversion to Christianity and disappointing albums that followed? Introducing the Beatles to cannabis? His thoroughly excellent radio shows? Hilarious Christmas record? Being the inspiration for The Byrds? His acting in Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid?

Let me guess. 'I don't like his singing. He's a bit rough and tuneless'.

Yes :smile:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Then put his voice in, not the man himself. Otherwise, among hundreds of others you also lose:

All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix;
Wheels On Fire by Brian Auger and Julie Driscoll;
Mr Tambourine Man by The Byrds;
The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann;
Make you Feel My Love by Adele;
Blowin' In The Wind by Stevie Wonder;
Desolation Row by My Chemical Romance;
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight by UB40;
Maggie's Farm by The Specials;
It Ain't Me Babe by Johnny Cash;
House of the Rising Sun by The Animals (He didn't write it, but they first heard the song by him);
Knocking on Heaven's Door by Eric Clapton (and the GNR version);
A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall by Bryan Ferry;
Like A Rolling Stone by Bob Marley,
I Shall Be Released by Nina Simone;
One More Cup Of Coffee by The White Stripes;

And if you're not bothered about any of them, you also lose all of the work that he inspired or influenced, like Sam Cooke's 'A Change Is Gonna Come', virtually anything that John Lennon wrote from 1965 onwards, most of Springsteen, Strummer, Petty, Joni Mitchell, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield and Marvin Gaye's 70s albums, folk rock, country rock, all of the West coast singer songwriters, most post 1960s protest or political songs.

I'm certain that there would be an argument that any popular music that you like that was made since the mid sixties is either directly influenced by Dylan, or influenced by something else that was influenced by Dylan. Through his influence on people like Gil Scott Heron and the Last Poets, and the direct line to Chuck D and Michael Franti, he's even had an effect on hip hop.

I like salted caramel too.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Then put his voice in, not the man himself. Otherwise, among hundreds of others you also lose:

House of the Rising Sun by The Animals (He didn't write it, but they first heard the song by him);

And if you're not bothered about any of them, you also lose all of the work that he inspired or influenced, like Sam Cooke's 'A Change Is Gonna Come', virtually anything that John Lennon wrote from 1965 onwards, most of Springsteen, Strummer, Petty, Joni Mitchell, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield and Marvin Gaye's 70s albums, folk rock, country rock, all of the West coast singer songwriters, most post 1960s protest or political songs.

I'm certain that there would be an argument that any popular music that you like that was made since the mid sixties is either directly influenced by Dylan, or influenced by something else that was influenced by Dylan. Through his influence on people like Gil Scott Heron and the Last Poets, and the direct line to Chuck D and Michael Franti, he's even had an effect on hip hop.

And for bringing us ‘The Bandk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

Yeah I get every artist inspires the next generation but he should have just let someone else sing lol.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Several people have listed some of my favourite things :shrug:

OK, without getting all po faced about it (illness, suffering little children, racism, etc) I give you

Sharp corners and pointy things that jab into you in the kitchen and dining room
Things put in front of other things so you can't see the other things
People talking to you when you're trying to concentrate on something
Half-baked initiatives put forward by people who never bother to think things through properly, even though they are quite capable of doing so
Hubris
Negligent stupidity where people who know they don't know the facts still feel it necessary to offer an opinion
Hidden agendas
Purposeless pedantry (if it is intended to wind me up, I'm happy with that, otherwise....why?)
People who would rather destroy a collaboration than allow anyone other than themselves to get any credit.
People, really. Most of them, probably :shrug:

Comic sans font, obviously, the cheery little shitter.

:lolol:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Cling film
People who don't know what they want before they get to the front of the queue in a coffee shop
Nigel Slater
Razorlight
Potholes

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
People who "reach out" to me
Anyone who runs thing up flagpoles and opens a kimono to let the blue sky thinking salute the low hanging fruit when they have mindspace
People with a phobia about rooms or the number 101
But mainly, people who think Room 101 is a place you choose to put things you don't like. I'd give them a copy of 1984 to read whilst they are there.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Bad drivers. If you can't judge a parking space, can't judge the width or length of your car, don't know courtesy on the road, or think it's acceptable to drive like a twunt - tear up your licence and ride a bike.

Anyone who is 'super excited'... Is excited not enough then? Dicks.

In general, people in LinkedIn. It's the biggest kiss-arse whilst shouting 'LOOK AT ME!!' fest on the web. I've deleted the App several times, yet keep coming back to be disappointed. One day I'll learn.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Illness
Wasps
Wind

All work related

Gate valves, never work when I want them to, usually on a Friday afternoon.
Earth bonding clamps, cut myself so many times on these b*****s.
Back to wall close coupled toilets.
Going in lofts that are full of junk.
Going in airing cupboards that have 200 towels on the shelves.
Customers that don’t empty out the cupboard under the sink when I have to change the kitchen taps, or the airing cupboard. :angry:
Customers not making me tea, or asking me if I want tea when I’ve asked them twice if they need any water before I turn it off, then to be told their kettle is empty. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports