Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ronaldo to Man City?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Deal edging closer. Gut tells me it won't happen.

Would absolutely LOVE to see Ronaldo play against Brighton.

I think there’s a good chance it will happen as he wants to leave and Juve also want him to go. They can’t afford him anymore and Allegri wants to build a team around Dybala and Chiesa.

And similar to Messi and PSG, there aren’t really any other options for Ronaldo who will pay him what he wants.

Like you, I’d love to see us play against him. He’s a unique talent, one of the grestest ever. I think at times it taken for granted just how outrageous Ronaldo and Messi’s scoring records are. They have changed the game.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Funny all of the ESL clubs bleating about how they needed to breakaway just to survive but here they all are in a post Covid impacted season throwing hundreds of millions around on players again

Real Madrid are so flush they are just about to pay over £150m for someone they can get for free next summer

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Funny all of the ESL clubs bleating about how they needed to breakaway just to survive but here they all are in a post Covid impacted season throwing hundreds of millions around on players again

Real Madrid are so flush they are just about to pay over £150m for someone they can get for free next summer

I don’t see the urgency when they can sort out the signing in 4 months

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Or just fans that love football and the best players?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
We have played against plenty of top quality players, I admire Aguerro as a player although when he used to ruin us on frequent basis I soon got sick of him. Personally would rather see the Albion win than get starry eyed over an ageing Ronaldo.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
We have played against plenty of top quality players, I admire Aguerro as a player although when he used to ruin us on frequent basis I soon got sick of him. Personally would rather see the Albion win than get starry eyed over an ageing Ronaldo.

I’m someone who finds star worshipping a little bit cringe, but both anecdotally and statistically Cristiano Ronaldo’s career is absolutely off the scale.

He is Real Madrid’s all time top goal scorer with 451 goals in just 438 goals, a ratio of 1.03 per game - next in line is Raul who scored 323 in 741 games. He is the all time Champions League top goal scorer with 134 goals at such an incredibly high level (Messi has 120, with Lewandowski lagging way behind in third place on 73). He has scored 109 international goals in a whopping 176 appearances, and counting, for Portugal.

He’s won 3 Premier League’s, 2 La Liga’s, 2 Serie A’s, 4 Champions League’s, a host of domestic cups and the Euro’s. The only major trophy that has eluded him is the World Cup. Then there’s the sheer quality and variety of the goals he’s scored - just incredible…

He’s on a totally different level to almost anyone who has ever played, and has done so over a career lasting nigh on 20 years. He’s a player I would absolutely love to see play in the flesh.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So who makes way for Cristiano Ronaldo - Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Grealish?

Sterling apparently: if the gossip is to be believed, there's quite a merry-go-round. CR7 to City, Kean to Juve and, er, Maupay to Everton.

(an alternative version is Aubameyang to Juve and Sterling to the Arse)
Whatever, there seems to be some dosh flying around

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Aguero and Ronaldo are on different planets.

Personally I would rather see the Albion tested against the best if we wanna win every week we can go back to the lower leagues.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think there’s a good chance it will happen as he wants to leave and Juve also want him to go. They can’t afford him anymore and Allegri wants to build a team around Dybala and Chiesa.

And similar to Messi and PSG, there aren’t really any other options for Ronaldo who will pay him what he wants.

Like you, I’d love to see us play against him. He’s a unique talent, one of the grestest ever. I think at times it taken for granted just how outrageous Ronaldo and Messi’s scoring records are. They have changed the game.

Yup. They are something different, otherworldly. Put Luis Suarez or Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a different time era and they would be in GOAT discussions but Ronaldo and Messi have just overshadowed any previous (and current) players. They are absurd.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My Boss is a huge Man Utd fan (she is from Essex). Ronaldo is her hero. Can’t wait to wind her up if he signs for Citeh!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Aguero and Ronaldo are on different planets.

Personally I would rather see the Albion tested against the best if we wanna win every week we can go back to the lower leagues.
Not sure what to make of this tbh :shrug: Firstly I didn’t compare the two although SA was a world class player we lost spectacularly to.

Would I rather see us win on Saturday than watch Ronaldo run around the Amex with his new billion pound team mates (if he joins City obviously) most certainly.

From my sofa I’ve admired Ronaldo’s skills as as a footballer ever since he joined Manure beats Messi hands down IMO.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not sure what to make of this tbh :shrug: Firstly I didn’t compare the two although SA was a world class player we lost spectacularly to.

Would I rather see us win on Saturday than watch Ronaldo run around the Amex with his new billion pound team mates (if he joins City obviously) most certainly.

From my sofa I’ve admired Ronaldo’s skills as as a footballer ever since he joined Manure beats Messi hands down IMO.

This!

I go to football to watch us win.
Ronaldo is the finest player there has ever been. Do I want him to strengthen our toughest opponents this season.
Nope!

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
you can see why it would be attractive to him - his main preoccupation these days is with outperforming Messi.

LM will be playing in a noddy league for the foreseeable, while Ronaldo will have succeeded in England, Spain, Italy and then back in England.

If he has 2 seasons of 30 goals a season as CF for city it will cement his place as ever-so-slightly-better than thou...

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
City apparently decided not to sign him. Looks inevitable he'll return to Man Utd then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here