Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ronald... is going on a European tour

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Lol. Marseille made an incredible sound, deafening at times, couldn’t get anything going, once we got a goal back and got a foothold in the game we started to make noise, Marseille fans did not like it and were trying to whistle over us.
It wasn't meant as a criticism- just observation. But yeah I imagine it must've been bloody hard to get anything going with the ultras right next to our fans

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
How was the atmosphere amongst the albion faithful?! Lots of footage of the Marseille fans but little of the Albion fans singing... seems like we were surprisingly quite quiet in the stands??

I was in the bottom tier so I can’t speak for the whole stand. Arrived just before the goals

You know that thing when you go somewhere like Anfield, and the whole ground sings you’ll never walk alone? That moment where you know there is no point singing because you’ll never be heard? The WHOLE of the first half was like that. Fans were in shell shock!

It got progressively better as the team improved. Great by the end.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Unless you were there I don’t think you will understand what it was like. I was in R so quite high up - there was a lot of Albion singing but it was a wall of sound against you - I was glad to hear though that we were picked up on TV and radio - I’m looking forward to watching it all later on TV playback - by the end we were all buzzing I assure you!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yep. Totally agree with what's been said already. The Marseilles fans were incredibly loud, and continued to be loud without a break until we scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here