Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ronald and the other vloggers.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A modern thing that I don’t get. Why is this a thing and why do people watch? And those stupid watch along things, just why
People have always done odd things. There has always been people that would take photos throughout a game which is up to them but doesn't interest me. There are people that hang around before or after just to get a player to scribble their name. Never understood that nor do I understand why there is a market for autographs. At the end of the day, it doesn't bother me but it's all quite harmless and down to the individual.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Personally wouldn’t want to spend the game constantly filming, but I’m glad a few others do (and Ronald is our best by a distance imo) as the vlogs are often great summaries of of what happens from a fan’s perspective and often much better than some sanitised highlights package. Easy to avoid if you don’t want to watch them :shrug:

The watchalong compilations are sometimes worth watching when we’ve beaten a ‘big’ team. :laugh:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Check out all the OLD FOGIES in this thread who’ve never tiktokd a snapvlog in their lives.
Along the lines of what I was about to post. Without wishing to generalise *too* much, the demographic of NSC isn't typically the target audience for the likes of Luke, etc and, maybe, vloggers/YouTube in general.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Along the lines of what I was about to post. Without wishing to generalise *too* much, the demographic of NSC isn't typically the target audience for the likes of Luke, etc and, maybe, vloggers/YouTube in general.
On a side note you see these streamers walking down the street in the states. Literally filming themselves abusing people or chatting up birds and they will get 10/20k kids at a times watching it. They are making absolute coin!

You then go to the local high end restaurant in Miami the ballers , athletes on one side and the streamers on the other and these 21 year olds are ordering Petrus and lobster lol.

World is crazy these days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On a side note you see these streamers walking down the street in the states. Literally filming themselves abusing people or chatting up birds and they will get 10/20k kids at a times watching it. They are making absolute coin!

You then go to the local high end restaurant in Miami the ballers , athletes on one side and the streamers on the other and these 21 year olds are ordering Petrus and lobster lol.

World is crazy these days.
I find the whole monetizing of social media thing quite interesting. I have started following (on social media) this girl who lives in a van. She works a “regular job” a few months in the summer but otherwise funds her lifestyle via social media…posting content and product stuff can be quite lucrative but she also pays another company to convert the stuff she posts on her primary account to her accounts on others platforms….there’s money to be made even if you don’t create content yourself.

I also knew a girl in my coworking space who made a living from posting kooky memes and stuff and had a big following. Helped that she was super cute though; I’m not sure how much traffic I’d generate dancing around in my pants every day.

I also knew a guy who bought up big chunks of advertising space on Spotify (I think) and sold it in smaller packets and made a profit. Bit like the mythical bubble wrap girl in on eBay. He seemed quite wealthy.

These are not “Petrus and lobster” wages but certainly livable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PS wouldn’t a nice Sauvignon Blanc be preferable pairing (and cheaper) to Petrus with a lobster?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
PS wouldn’t a nice Sauvignon Blanc be preferable pairing (and cheaper) to Petrus with a lobster?
Lol my point was that they ordered the most expensive stuff on the menu to flex. I don't think a bunch of 20 year olds care about pairing food and wine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here