Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ronald and the other vloggers.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
What a load of busy c*nts. Can't sit there, enjoy the game and be in the moment - they've got to be filming, worrying about their content and getting all the footage cut together and put up online. I find it quite a sad way to spend a live football experience, myself. Vlogging isn't for me.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
What a load of busy c*nts. Can't sit there, enjoy the game and be in the moment - they've got to be filming, worrying about their content and getting all the footage cut together and put up online. I find it quite a sad way to spend a live football experience, myself. Vlogging isn't for me.
Well I think Ronald Collante and Luke Linx's videos are brilliant and they enable those of us who couldnt get to the European away games (for example) to see what the area/stadium/atmosphere is like - it may not be for everyone but I'm very grateful that they take the time filming the footage and spend hours of editing later.

It's a yes from me

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A modern thing that I don’t get. Why is this a thing and why do people watch? And those stupid watch along things, just why

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

3 People in a crowd of >30,000. There were probably more people ignoring the match while looking at their phones or chatting to mates.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
It's not really for me either, because I'm clearly old and curmudgeonly. But I don't resent them making content to get the kids excited and I love it for that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Completely disagree.

Ronald's videos are great and they're selling the Albion dream round the Latin American world. Maybe the family of the next Estupinian or Caicedo might be watching and have some kind of understanding of Brighton, the city and the fans. He's very good at his craft too. Game finished at 10 last night and he's London based and yet he's edited it and put it out by this morning, including some interesting backing music (the French piece for example). He's managed to get permission to film Marseille and Ajax ultras in the K&Q but got himself in with the Bell lot too. He understands how important crowds are to the football and uses them. He knows he's a one in ten thousand person in there, if everyone else was Vlogging he wouldn't have a product.

Met Luke at an away game this season. He was actually on the row behind us. Chatted to him at half time. Lovely lad, very dedicated to the Albion. He does have an annoying youtuber mannerism at times on the camera but certainly doesn't off it. He knows that, to an extent, that gets views with the younger fans who are his target audience (although my mate in his mid fifties who no longer goes after stints away in Canada and Costa Rica is a Luke subscriber, again to get an idea of the match atmosphere in the Brighton end). At the game we met him at he had an older bloke next to him who I assume is his dad. He watched all of the match and was very, very knowledgable, talking well and pointing things out people near us had missed.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Luke Linx

Ronald

Football Hipster ( up in the WSU)

Thogden "in the away end" - ie: with the Marseille lot.

Ralph Hammett (also in the WSU). "The Amex was going crazy"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ronald's are great as he gets all the crowd reaction and footage of the game, Lukes are mainly just watching himself which doesn't do it for me.
This this this this this!

(Although my 12 year old nephew was very excited to see Luke Linx in the Uni car park queue the other night, which is the point, I guess)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This this this this this!

(Although my 12 year old nephew was very excited to see Luke Linx in the Uni car park queue the other night, which is the point, I guess)
He does seem like a really likeable lad but much prefer the way Ronald does it, he never fails to capture the action.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to admit I do quite like the extra perspective(s) on things by the vids. And all those kiddies do put in the miles. Not a lot not to like shirley?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
They are pretty loaded to be fair. Good on erm!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here