Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Rome - where are you staying

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My first thought was to look for a hotel near the ground but for the reason you state, we're going to stay central. Very possibly the Hotel Morgana that others have mentioned as it's bang next to the station which will help with the train stuff we have to do.
I’ve booked a place by the river about 45 mins walk from the ground and 30 mins walk from the centre/station so everything is within easy reach and keeps options open………I’ll end up walking miles sightseeing anyway :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The wife took me to Rome for my 30th 8 years ago and we stayed there. It's a perfect location and had everything we needed.

Enjoy!
Excellent - we did a flights and hotel package with BA, obviously as soon as the draw was made, so was a gamble….

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Is it? I've only been to Rome once, years ago, so really don't know it well. I'll be happy if I've accidentally found a good area.
Stayed there a couple of times. Its a very hip and trendy area where the locals like to eat and drink. Right next to the river also. Loads of bars. Explore if you get the time.
It was someone on here that recommended it to me originally.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I’ve booked a room at the Flower Garden Hotel, which is very near to the central station (and I’m hoping close to the drop off area after the match). Fingers crossed I get tickets now 🤞

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Made a quick call to some guy named Jorge to his mates, others call him Francis.
Anyway, he owns a small country nearby and offered me a room for the week.
Said he needs a ceiling painted or something.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Rome is a city I know quite well. Been there 4 or 5 times, most recently in 2022.

Have a decent place near teatro argentina/ pantheon. Roof top terrace bar in a backstreet. 20 mins walk from everywhere major in the city and 30 from termini station. On a bus route to the stadium and easy to get to from termini station if dropped back there

Hotel was booked pre the draw. Trebled in price now.

Makes up for the wizz air, vueling, easy jet stress of yesterday. Which went up faster than a Bolivian shopping bill before my very eyes

Also echo trastevere is a superb place. Wonderful bars and restaurants

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Here. Looks nice but a trek from the expected pick up/drop off points. I’ll probably hire a bike or scooter.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Is there anybody else on the Tuesday 4th night Wizz Air flight landing in around 23.50 in Rome?
Wondering if anyone would like to share a taxi with two of us from the airport into Central ish Rome?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Is there anybody else on the Tuesday 4th night Wizz Air flight landing in around 23.50 in Rome?
Wondering if anyone would like to share a taxi with two of us from the airport into Central ish Rome?

Yes, pm sent.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Staying near the station at Goglio Dell'Opera booked it as a package fly / hotel deal
Anyone on the Wizz Air from Gatwick on Wednesday arriving at 1am Thursday fancy sharing a cab?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Cosmopolita Hotel Tapestry Collection by Hilton. Central. We are only doing one night so hopefully this will be fine.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I used the buses a lot when in Rome, as do the locals. I also bought a ticket that allows you to visit 8 or 10 (can't remember precisely) the antiquities. I stumbled on one amazing museum that was a house that had been excavated down below when the Romans err ruled Rome. Another vote for Trastevere. Even in 2010 there were real ale bars there. A mate went a year or 2 later and they were serving Hophead!

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011
Switched my acccommodation for five of us to the north part of the city (Spagna district, Spanish Steps etc.) and just south of Villa Borghese – where the buses may likely go from (thanks @Bozza). Villa Borghese is a beautiful park too. Worked out about £50 per person per night. Very happy.

However, I originally was booked in another place (see link below) that sleeps five near Vatican city and Ponte Sant'Angelo, but we cancelled this last night for the reasons above. If there's a group of you still looking though, this place looked great also and was also a bargain per person/per night....

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually

Grab the Leonardo express train. They still run at that time of night. If you have four in a taxi it could just work out slightly more expensive by taxi but the taxi will take you right to your accommodation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here