Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rome? Barcelona or Madrid?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The traffic in Rome is mental. Worth going just to gawp at people shunting themselves into parking spaces. Had a long weekend there and loved it. Had a day (!) in Barcelona and loved that too.

That didn't help much did it? :dunce:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Madrid is an Awesome weekend venue. The nightlife is secomd to none but you need to know where you are going. Some of restaurants are also amazing, and the shopping is very good.

Barca is good for a piss up but overated, never been to Rome.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Prague is fabulous but essentially it depends on what you want to do on your break.

If you want cultured museum tours and art galleries then all of the suggestions would suit you well. However if you just wanna party somewhere a bit different then Prague and Barca are the best bets.

Prague is a very beautiful city and has the distinct advantage of being cheap.

Barcelona is similarly beautiful but a little less out of the way. Whilst Prague is full of tourists these days you still get the feeling that you're somewhere very special, very far away.

In Barca you know you're in Europe, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just that little bit more familiar

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Bluejuice said:
Prague is fabulous but essentially it depends on what you want to do on your break.

If you want cultured museum tours and art galleries then all of the suggestions would suit you well. However if you just wanna party somewhere a bit different then Prague and Barca are the best bets.

Prague is a very beautiful city and has the distinct advantage of being cheap.

Barcelona is similarly beautiful but a little less out of the way. Whilst Prague is full of tourists these days you still get the feeling that you're somewhere very special, very far away.

In Barca you know you're in Europe, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just that little bit more familiar

might be worth a go then

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
They're all good choices though Caz, wherever you go I'm sure you'll have a TIME

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Bluejuice said:
They're all good choices though Caz, wherever you go I'm sure you'll have a TIME

Yes i expect your right!

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Bluejuice said:

Apart from Barcelona, of course, which is a hole. You'd have more fun falling down a flight of stairs.

As for Prague - it's the don. Been there three times and planning to go back again this year - despite the reputation of being full of pissed up lads, it is possible to really feel like you are somewhere completely different from the rest of Europe.

It really is superb. And the food and drink, although not as cheap as it used to be, is still DIRT cheap.

Difficult to choose between Rome and Prague. But then they are the two best cities in Europe, IMHO.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
If it's sight seeing Rome is the Mutts nuts. You could spend a month there and still not see everything. The food is good too if you stay away from the most touristy bits.

Best city i've been to though is Seville, now that is one cool place.

Last edited:

Voroshilov said:
If it's sight seeing Rome is the Mutts nuts. You could spend a month there and still not see everything. The food is good too if you stay away from the most touristy bits.

Best city i've been to though is Seville, now that is one cool place.

Agree and absolutely stunning women:p

LC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here