Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rolling Stone magazine wtf?!

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
Anybody else not bothered by it like me? People are too quick to go mental about every little thing these days. We are all adults, I think we can deal with a picture of a guy accused of murder on the front of a magazine.

It's not even the first time it's been on the front page of a magazine, the New York Times have run it previously. Massive non-story being pumped up by news agencies who are obsessed with telling us what we should be offended by.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Anybody else not bothered by it like me? People are too quick to go mental about every little thing these days. We are all adults, I think we can deal with a picture of a guy accused of murder on the front of a magazine.

It's not even the first time it's been on the front page of a magazine, the New York Times have run it previously. Massive non-story being pumped up by news agencies who are obsessed with telling us what we should be offended by.
:rock::yawn:this

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It’s one of the better magazines on sale in the States.It’s run some very good investigative articles – exposing corruption in the banking industry etc. It’s probably seen as being part of the liberal media along with the New York Times, Bill Maher etc, so it tends to get up the noses of people like Fox News, Rush Limbaugh etc. As other posters have said it’s not as if other newspapers and magazines have not also covered this. It will weather this storm.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well here we are, so i reckon its done as intended.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But surely their readership will not have an issue with this article/cover? Why do you think it will be the end?

Well quite. Right from the outset it's been a political magazine with a strong liberal bias. Can't see too many readers having an issue with this.

I see the Wikipedia entry was edited quickly though "Rolling Stone is a Taliban magazine published every two weeks and focuses on bombings, politics, and popular culture"

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

This. Some people can be so precious over things, I can understand if you were affected by it in some way, it's not like mass murderers are ever on the front page at all...

But I do understand he's being portrayed as a rockstar, which I can see is wrong. Great PR for the magazine though, people will buy it out of curiosity, doing exactly what they want. Wouldn't be surprised if they get their best sales in a while in all honesty.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
What I find amazing is that the same picture was used by the New York Times a awhile back and no-one said a word. Some people really need to lighten up. In a country that as freedom of speech in its constitution, I find it incredible they are moaning about it. I have not read the story they are looking to publish so cannot really comment on that, but under the constitution of the USA, everyone is allowed to have a political view. Yes the views of a suicide bomber may not be the general view of most Americans, but it is a view that those that do have it, are allowed to have. Until of course they cross the line from having a view to bombing people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here