Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roll on next Sat.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How can 2 games in 4 days ever be annoying? It's my idea of heaven. If only it happened every week! Purely impracticable, of course..
On the surface, it sounds great. I guess if I didn't have kids to look after and lived in Brighton or nearer, that I'd love that. But we are sacrificing Saturday games for Tuesday nights and with sky messing us about a lot as well, it means that many more games are evening games which although great for the football are MASSIVELY more hassle either on the train or in the incomparable and infamous Bridge car park.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
On the surface, it sounds great. I guess if I didn't have kids to look after and lived in Brighton or nearer, that I'd love that. But we are sacrificing Saturday games for Tuesday nights and with sky messing us about a lot as well, it means that many more games are evening games which although great for the football are MASSIVELY more hassle either on the train or in the incomparable and infamous Bridge car park.

Some people will moan about anything

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Some people will moan about anything
Not moaning mate. I love going to the football. But it's a better experience for me and many others on a weekend. I also prefer the matches spaced out. Do you enjoy the current arrangement where we've twice so far had three weeks between matches?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Not moaning mate. I love going to the football. But it's a better experience for me and many others on a weekend. I also prefer the matches spaced out. Do you enjoy the current arrangement where we've twice so far had three weeks between matches?

Not for me..I went to Sheffield!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not for me..I went to Sheffield!
Good fan! Unfortunately, my days of travelling away are pretty much gone now. Some of my best days watching the Albion were on the road. You were lucky enough to have watched a little bit of Albion history.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ashington Rovers 2 Worthing Borough 1

Lively game with Borough 1 up at the break but all the proceedings right royally spoiled by a fat old gobshite **** on a disability scooter who shouted constant abuse throughout the whole game. Rovers kicked on in the 2nd half, got level then scored the winner in the last 5, keeper tried to play the ball out and was block tackled leaving the ball to dribble into an empty net. Twice Borough had goals chalked off due to rather dubious off-sides.

As for Junior, solid game in central defence and a very harsh yellow for what looked a clean tackle, good news is he works now so can pay his own fines.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ashington Rovers 2 Worthing Borough 1

Lively game with Borough 1 up at the break but all the proceedings right royally spoiled by a fat old gobshite **** on a disability scooter who shouted constant abuse throughout the whole game. Rovers kicked on in the 2nd half, got level then scored the winner in the last 5, keeper tried to play the ball out and was block tackled leaving the ball to dribble into an empty net. Twice Borough had goals chalked off due to rather dubious off-sides.

As for Junior, solid game in central defence and a very harsh yellow for what looked a clean tackle, good news is he works now so can pay his own fines.

Someone should have let his tyres down. :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm a bad fan and missed the last 2 home games, dare say it feels like I haven't actually seen a game this season it's been that long ! Can't wait

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Let the train take the strain. ok ok I know it's difficult for evening games, you would get home very late, and with the present disruption maybe not at all.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Let the train take the strain. ok ok I know it's difficult for evening games, you would get home very late, and with the present disruption maybe not at all.
Precisely. We can't rely on the trains and with kids and a brother who is a postie, we can't afford to be too late. It all seemed so much easier at the Goldstone! But I wouldn't trade now, I love the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here