Roll call for Hull

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Russ got his licence back after 12 months for totting up 27 points for speeding. His car is sitting on my drive (SORN) due to mechanical failure and when the finance is completed in September it will be scrapped. If he got an old banger to drive around the insurance premium would still be roughly £5k.

Quite right too. 27 points is frankly ridiculous!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Livin' easy
Lovin' free
Season ticket on a one way ride
Askin' nothin'
Leave me be
Takin' everythin' in my stride
Don't need reason
Don't need rhyme
Ain't nothin' that I'd rather do
Goin' down
Party time
My friends are gonna be there too
I'm on the highway to Hull
On the highway to Hull
Highway to Hull
I'm on the highway to Hull

:dance:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Caught 5 times in a fortnight by a speed camera on the A1079 plus 2 six pointers for excessive speeding in Notts and Lincs.

There is an obvious way to prevent the 12 month ban and £5K insurance premium. It is keeping to the limit. (Or at least not being stupid enough to be caught 5 times in 2 weeks on the same road)

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
5 of us going up, Jack Straw at the wheel. Leaving Brighton just after 11am. Taking my Brighton St Georges Cross to cover over some of the empty seats in the away end!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A 3.30pm departure for the North Norfolk massive (me).

Only 120 miles - but one of my least favourite away road trips - some of the dodgy-est stretches of tarmac on the planet, natural habitat of fleets of artics governed to 40 mph queueing behind umpteen tractors and Honda Jazz's doing 25 mph max...........it requires extreme powers of patience not to be tempted into suicidal overtakes. No doubt I'll see a few muppets trying it on though.

Settle back with an ample supply of Sports Gums, regular coffee stops and the i-pod playlists set for a hammering.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A 3.30pm departure for the North Norfolk massive (me).

Only 120 miles - but one of my least favourite away road trips - some of the dodgy-est stretches of tarmac on the planet, natural habitat of fleets of artics governed to 40 mph queueing behind umpteen tractors and Honda Jazz's doing 25 mph max...........it requires extreme powers of patience not to be tempted into suicidal overtakes. No doubt I'll see a few muppets trying it on though.

Settle back with an ample supply of Sports Gums, regular coffee stops and the i-pod playlists set for a hammering.

I'd tune the car radio in to North Norfolk Digital and enjoy the ride, if I was you.

http://www.northnorfolkdigital.org/main.php

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Wedgee +2 junior wedges will be going to this one. Cracking little Italian restaurant called San Luca on the north bank of the humber (just east of the bridge). Will be in there from 5.15 to 7.00, then a quick 10 min drive to the KFC Stadium. Got tomorrow morning off to make my first ever tin foil FA Cup, always wanted to do one, now 50 years of age, madness. The KFC will be my 79th on the list of 92, so I'm nearly there.

COYSS UTA KTF WTFDIK

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'd tune the car radio in to North Norfolk Digital and enjoy the ride, if I was you.

http://www.northnorfolkdigital.org/main.php

Alan Partridge and Norwich City: a cure for insomnia. I'd be asleep at the wheel within minutes...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:yawn:

Fortunately I have a well loaded i-pod and Planet Rock to keep me wide awake!

Mind you I'm exchanging the land that time forgot for the delights of Hull and its 'city of culture' - so much excitement in one day!

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Me + 2 junior trainspotters.
13:48 from The Cross direct to Hull.
Dump bag in hotel, then straight to 'spoons!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Caught 5 times in a fortnight by a speed camera on the A1079 plus 2 six pointers for excessive speeding in Notts and Lincs.
How on earth can you get caught that many times by the same camera? Surely he noticed it was there and flashing.

binney's tache

Oct 26, 2010
tora bora mountains
Me and mrs at he will be there. Don't know how I swung it, she doesn't even like footie! Told her there was a nice shopping centre there. I'll point it out to her when we drive past. Come on Albion!!!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
How on earth can you get caught that many times by the same camera? Surely he noticed it was there and flashing.

I wondered that too.

There are some dodgy roads in Sussex (and Norfolk for that matter) and more significantly plenty of drivers willing to push their luck on them. Mind you some of the roads in Notts / Lincolnshire possibly make speeding even more tempting but also incredibly dangerous too. There are loads of road signs designating them as 'Red Routes' for their horrendous casualty rates, so there are plenty of speed cameras. There is one long stretch of single lane 'A' road in Lincs that isn't much more than a country lane (similar standard as Middle Farm to Selmeston on the A27) - but this has a series of motorway style yellow roadside pylons with average speed cameras. That works as a deterrent for me.

bognor gull

Feb 1, 2012
sunny bognor
2 of us from Bognor. We don't worry too much about work. Life's too short for worrying. Have fun and enjoy these long distance away trip's. Work can always be sorted out another day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports