| Apps2 = 0
| Goals2 = 0
| IntYears1 = 2011-
| IntTeam1 = Netherlands U-21
| IntApps1 = 1
| IntGoals1 = 0
| DataCorrectDate = 30 May 2011
[/TEMPLATE]

Roland Bergkamp (born 3 April 1991 in Amstelveen[FOOTNOTE]Voetball International - Roland Bergkamp[/FOOTNOTE]) is a Dutch footballer who plays for [WIKI="Brighton and Hove Albion FC"]Brighton & Hove Albion[/WIKI].

[H=2]Club Career[/H]

[H=3]Excelsior[/H]
The striker began his career with the youth team of Excelsior and was promoted to the senior team at the start of the 2009-10 season. He made his professional debut in the Jupiler League (the 2nd level of Dutch professional football) on 14 August 2009 against FC Den Bosch. He started 11 league matches and made a further 13 appearances as a substitute, scoring 3 goals. He made a further 4 starts in the play-offs as Excelsior gained promotion to the Eredivisie. His debut in the Eredivisie came on 15 August 2010 against Feyenoord Rotterdam.[FOOTNOTE]UEFA.com - Excelsior v Feyenoord[/FOOTNOTE] Bergkamp made 21 starts during the season, with a further 7 sub appearances, scoring 5 goals. Excelsior avoided relegation via the play-offs, when Bergkamp appeared a further 4 times, scoring 2 goals.

[H=3][WIKI="Brighton and Hove Albion FC"]Brighton & Hove Albion[/WIKI][/H]
On 1 July 2011, having rejected a new contract at Excelsior, Bergkamp signed a 2-year deal with Brighton & Hove Albion who had just been promoted to the Championship. Whilst no transfer fee was payable, Brighton were required to pay an undisclosed amount of compensation.[FOOTNOTE]Albion sign Dutch striker - 'Seagulls World' 1 July 2011[/FOOTNOTE][FOOTNOTE]The Argus - Albion sign Bergkamp 1 July 2011[/FOOTNOTE]

[H=2]International career[/H]

He earned his first call-up for the Netherlands national under-21 football team for a friendly game against Germany's national under-21 football team and made his debut in the game on 25 March 2011 .[FOOTNOTE]Die DFB-Elf setzt sich klar gegen die Niederlande durch Holtby setzt den Schlusspunkt[/FOOTNOTE]

[H=2]Personal life[/H]

Roland is only a distant relative of the former [WIKI]Ajax[/WIKI], [WIKI]Internazionale[/WIKI] and [WIKI]Arsenal[/WIKI] striker, Dennis Bergkamp.[FOOTNOTE]Holland Eredivisie 2010/11 Season Preview[/FOOTNOTE] His father Ad Bergkamp is current Orthopedic ongolist at his former club Excelsior Rotterdam.[FOOTNOTE]Excelsior - Ad Bergkamp - Orthopedisch chirurg[/FOOTNOTE]

[H=2]Career Statistics[/H]

Y=Yellow Card R=Red Card
<i>As of 30 May 2011</i></dd>
style="text-align: center; border: solid"
! rowspan=2 | Club || rowspan=2 | Season || rowspan=2 | Division ||colspan=2| League ||colspan=2| FA Cup ||colspan=2| League Cup ||colspan=2| Dutch Cup ||colspan=2| Play-Offs ||colspan=2| Total ||colspan=2| Discipline
|-
! Apps || Goals || Apps || Goals || Apps || Goals || Apps || Goals || Apps || Goals || Apps || Goals || Y || R
|-
|rowspan=3| Excelsior ||2009-10|| Jupiler League || 24 || 3 || 0 || 0 || 0 || 0 || 1 || 0 || 4 || 0 || 29 || 3 || 0 || 0
|-
| 2010-11 || Eredivisie || 28 || 5 || 0 || 0 || 0 || 0 || 2 || 0 || 4 || 2 || 34 || 7 || 0 || 0
|-
! colspan=2 style="text-align: right"| Total: || 52 || 8 || 0 || 0 || 0 || 0 || 3 || 0 || 8 || 2 || 63 || 10 || 0 || 0
|-
| rowspan=2 | Brighton & Hove Albion ||2011-12||Championship||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0
|-
! colspan=2 style="text-align: right"| Total: ||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0
|-
! colspan=3 style="text-align: right"| Career Total: || 52 || 8 || 0 || 0 || 0 || 0 || 3 || 0 || 8 || 2 || 63 || 10 || 0 || 0

[REFLIST][/REFLIST]
[CATEGORY]Players[/CATEGORY]

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hi brakespear - I see you created a new category of "Brighton and Hove Albion Players". By default, as this is an Albion wiki, that is what the category "Players" represents.

Unless you were intending it to mean something else? Maybe current squad players?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Hi brakespear - I see you created a new category of "Brighton and Hove Albion Players". By default, as this is an Albion wiki, that is what the category "Players" represents.

Unless you were intending it to mean something else? Maybe current squad players?
I just thought there may be occasion in the future to include players from other clubs so I thought 'Players' may represent a more generalised category - thinking about it now though you may be right - I'll remove it for now.

edit: ah, you already did :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here