Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Thought Ince had his best game in a fair while....good tackling..heading and passing...should have been MOM ..great work

Ince's passing today was very good. Not everything worked, but I loved the way he found players with passes zipped at a decent pace right to feet. Impressive. Those who question his passing today cannot have been paying attention.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If that is what you think perhaps its you who should be going to Specsavers not me. His general passing was appalling as has been mentioned by many definitely his weakness today.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If that is what you think perhaps its you who should be going to Specsavers not me. His general passing was appalling as has been mentioned by many definitely his weakness today.

See post above yours..i'll give you several others if you like..still i'll stand by my opinion as you will yours

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I know people say ince and jfc are different players and that may be true, but I can't think of any part of jfcs game that ince does not do better. so it baffles me why jfc is selected ahead of him

He wasn't awful but I'm still not convinced he's a midfielder - his basic technique isn't bad at all but his movement is too negative, so static and never passes/moves to make himself available for his teammates.

With our fullbacks now staying back, having that deep lying midfielder is like having 5 defenders in front of Walton - it's no wonder we never had anyone in the box in support when we did manage to put in decent crosses today.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
He was alright. Kaz was MOM for me. Ince seemed fairly incapable in the air today, which is odd considering his size and his passes, at least in the first half, all seemed to have a slight air of panic about them.

Happy to see him back in the squad though. I want to see him, Holla and JFC start. Although Gardner does seem to know where the net is.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
A big plus from today, I thought was that Bennett (E) and Calde are beginning to reform a very effective defensive/attacking combination, one drops back whilst the other attacks and they dont get in each others way either. Although Calde is not now supposed to be a wing back, he seems to be attacking more than before, because (a) bennett passes well to him, and (b) Bennett will be there to cover.

So, I hope this isnt broken up when Bruno is fit. I think Bruno, now that the much maligned Spanish Dave, and Orlandi are no longer around, is the best passer of the ball in the club and should go straight into midfield at the expense of the dull, and how-did-he-ever-get-into-the-England-under 21s, Foster-Caskey. Also he can defend a bit too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said his ball winning was very good but on nearly every occasion his pass if more than 2 yds went a drift, His initial control usually send the ball 5 yds from him but in fairness he usually wins it and keeps possession. i think that he contributes more than most of our other midfielders and with EB to distribute the ball for him is a good prospect let him do what he does well, win the ball.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

I haven't been to every game home & away this season, so what I'm about to say has that caveat, but in the first half Ince played the best pass I have seen from us all season. He picked it up just inside our half and instead of giving it back to Greer or Dunk, he turned forward and played a bullett of pass 25 yds forward to Elliott Bennett (I think). It didn't lead to a wonder goal, but the sight of someone picking it up in our half, turning & looking forward and delivering a pass of that quality isn't something I've been used to of late.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I haven't been to every game home & away this season, so what I'm about to say has that caveat, but in the first half Ince played the best pass I have seen from us all season. He picked it up just inside our half and instead of giving it back to Greer or Dunk, he turned forward and played a bullett of pass 25 yds forward to Elliott Bennett (I think). It didn't lead to a wonder goal, but the sight of someone picking it up in our half, turning & looking forward and delivering a pass of that quality isn't something I've been used to of late.

It has definitely been a weakness in his game..in some ways you'd think to his speed of thought..but yesterday he was very much on the ball....but as you can see others have a different opinion

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
We need Ince in the team all the time, He is different to all other players and had a great season last year, he needs to improve and only game time and we need someone who will win the ball, yes he does keep the ball too long but i think is our best midfielder and we need to keep playing wingers, but we obviousally need to play 442, with 2 wingers and 2 forwards as this is only chance have to score goals as Baldock isnt good enough on his own, this style playing now would suit Ulloa but i think we would have won the league last year if played 442 with Ulloa and say Mackail smith.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Made a difference for us today. Also thought Baldock looked good and Joe Bennett had a good game. JFC continues to disappoint.

Matter of opinions I know, but I thought other than a couple of chasing runs near the end of the game. Baldock showed why he is a League 1 Striker. Lightweight and does not anticipate where the ball is going to be delivered. Don't know what Colunga has done but it was crying out for his movement yesterday. Has not had a look in since his very good goal against Bournemouth. Some strange selection decisions being made by Sami. Agree we look so much better with Ince's energy in midfield. My MOM yesterday, but on Sami's record so far he will be dropped to the bench next match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here