Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Solly has also been moved into a more central role in the last 2 games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Solly has also been moved into a more central role in the last 2 games.

This. As he's said himself, his best position is behind the striker. He's strong, intelligent and makes things happen.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Think it's more to do with Stephens and Lualua starting, than Ince not strarting. The midfield three of Ince-Andrews- JFC was clearly far to defencive and non creative....Andrews has taking a bit of a slating this season but I feel his extra experience at this stage of the season, could just give him the edge over Ince.

Wow, kevtherev does know something about football then!

This is spot on. Since Andrews has been in the middle with Stephens he looks a different player. He's been going about his job orchestrating the other midfielders from that deep position.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This. As he's said himself, his best position is behind the striker. He's strong, intelligent and makes things happen.

Would rather have a fit Orlandi there, on the basis that he has better vision and execution to assist and score. On this, how many assists has March provided of the ten goals we've scored in the past three games?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yep, in agreement with most. Far more down to the tweak in formation and the introduction of another genuine winger/attacking mid, along with Stephens' return to the side that has helped us to become more attacking than any major slight on Ince's ability.

I'd argue we don't have a "midfield three" as such the way we're set up currently, it's a solid midfield two with one of the attacking trio (often March) fulfilling that central role ahead of them as they frequently interchange. There's a much greater sense of freedom to it, whilst at times previously it's seemed as though some midfielders have been suffocating the games/space of others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here