Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Who was it that decided he might be worth a 'go' in midfield? Was it this season, or did we try him there last term? Whoever they are, they certainly have a very good eye for the game.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Who was it that decided he might be worth a 'go' in midfield? Was it this season, or did we try him there last term? Whoever they are, they certainly have a very good eye for the game.

I believe it was Oscar, I'm sure it was in an article recently.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I believe it was Oscar, I'm sure it was in an article recently.

Your right it was Oscar, He said that if Rohan Ince wanted to progress in the game then he felt midfield was his better position.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Your right it was Oscar, He said that if Rohan Ince wanted to progress in the game then he felt midfield was his better position.

Well, that's probably a legacy of his work with Barca B. He clearly knows how to nurture and develop younger players.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ince can surely have a good career as a midfielder, but could he be an even better centre back if he plays and develops there?
Any time a centre back shows some ability on the ball he gets pushed forward to become a midfielder these days, Mark Lawrenson could have been a decent midfielder, but he was an outstanding centre back.

That said, I think he benefits our current side most in midfield, but I wonder if it is the best thing for his career.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He is at least as good now as Bridcutt was at his age if not better.

Again - this is like saying Wayne Bridge is just as good a player as Leo Ulloa. Means nothing, because they are entirely different players, with entirely different attributes, who perform entirely different roles for the team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because of injuries, late signings, suspensions, etc, we've been forced to use more youth than I think was originally planned. Chicksen, Maksimenko, barker, march, JFC, and Ince have all been in or around the first team this season. Ince is the only one who has really shone through. (Despite a couple of goals, JFC seems to have tailed off and struggled in his last couple of appearances, and with everyone fit I don't see him being in the squad). Ince has stepped up. He is a very good talent, has put in some great performances for us, but Oscar still sees him as not being ready to play every game, or to play with the pressure of having to turn the team's fortunes around. I think he is getting there and improving every time out. I'm not as confident as you he will be a starter, what with bridcutt, crofts, Lopez, orlandi, Buckley, KLL, ulloa, Barnes, cms, Andrews, agustien to fit in in the top six, but he'll definitely be in the list along with them.

Agree with all of this. Ince has shown a lot of promise and I hope he does become an integral part of the team at some point.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Again - this is like saying Wayne Bridge is just as good a player as Leo Ulloa. Means nothing, because they are entirely different players, with entirely different attributes, who perform entirely different roles for the team.

It's not though is it? It's like saying Bridge is as good a player as Gordon Greer. They are both defenders, and do similar but differing roles, and on some occasions, like Adam El Abd for example, a centre half can play full back and vice versa. You can hardly say Ince and Bridcutt are 'entirely' different when they play next to each other in the centre of midfield. Are you not being slightly disingenuous throughout this thread on Ince?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agree with all of this. Ince has shown a lot of promise and I hope he does become an integral part of the team at some point.

At some point!? He's an integral part of the team RIGHT NOW!

He was rested against Barnsley pure and simple in preparation for Saturday. OG thought we had enough elsewhere in the squad for Barnsley and he was wrong.

Bridcutt - Ince - Crofts are our first choice centre midfield - and bloody good it looks too!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's not though is it? It's like saying Bridge is as good a player as Gordon Greer. They are both defenders, and do similar but differing roles, and on some occasions, like Adam El Abd for example, a centre half can play full back and vice versa. You can hardly say Ince and Bridcutt are 'entirely' different when they play next to each other in the centre of midfield. Are you not being slightly disingenuous throughout this thread on Ince?

I think they give totally different things to a side, so aren't really comparable, in the same way Greer and Bridge aren't really comparable.

I don't know what you mean by disingenuous, seeing as many seem to share the same viewpoint as me.

I think many people went WAAAAYYY OTT in their praise of Ince in the first few games, where he showed some real sparks of promise but also made some very big errors. He is improving game by game and is looking like he will be a REAL player in years to come.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think they give totally different things to a side, so aren't really comparable, in the same way Greer and Bridge aren't really comparable.

I don't know what you mean by disingenuous, seeing as many seem to share the same viewpoint as me.

I think many people went WAAAAYYY OTT in their praise of Ince in the first few games, where he showed some real sparks of promise but also made some very big errors. He is improving game by game and is looking like he will be a REAL player in years to come.

You picking up on tiny points people are making, and presenting them as much more significant - disingenuous to the point they were making.

My opinion is, and it is shared by a swell of excitement, probably enhanced by a MotM performance on Saturday, that Ince is right now an exciting stand out player. I agree, people can get carried away, but in this instance it is well justified.

In years to come, he might well be a Real player as he is that good! (I assume that is what you meant....)!

I will add I totally respect you're opinion, its just that I think it's wrong in this instance!

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Because he's so good, I've made up a CHARNT for Rohan. It goes like this....

Ro Ro Rohan Ince
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream

Edit: removed second and third verses. It was too long.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ince would be amongst about 5 or 6 players that would be on every team sheet (injuries permitting) if I were the manager...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because he's so good, I've made up a CHARNT for Rohan. It goes like this....

Ro Ro Rohan Ince
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream

Edit: removed second and third verses. It was too long.

I'm definitely up for singing that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You picking up on tiny points people are making, and presenting them as much more significant - disingenuous to the point they were making.

My opinion is, and it is shared by a swell of excitement, probably enhanced by a MotM performance on Saturday, that Ince is right now an exciting stand out player. I agree, people can get carried away, but in this instance it is well justified.

In years to come, he might well be a Real player as he is that good! (I assume that is what you meant....)!

I will add I totally respect you're opinion, its just that I think it's wrong in this instance!

Fair play. Our viewpoints are probably not as different as you may think. I think a few went far too OTT over his initial few games where I think he struggled, but he is looking very, very good now.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There is something so utterly beautiful about a big black man in full flow on a football pitch, overpowering all the weak and pathetic white men who try to stand in his way. I love the sight of those big dark thighs pumping.

Thank you, Rohan, for bringing this pure joy back into my life. It's been a while since we had anyone who ticks anywhere near as many boxes as you do.

Easy Tiger!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here