Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's not been the best - come on, that's going a bit far. He's still quite sloppy, gives the ball away and rushes/overhits passes, understandably due to him being very nervous. Considering his age he's been very good, but he's not first team just yet.

I think because he is a young prospect - as with when JFC first came in - everyone is WILLING him to be really good, and means they sometimes overlook his flaws. If JFC was half as good as everyone was making out, he would've ripped League Two apart with Oxford, wouldn't he?

Plenty of POTENTIAL there, but that's what it is at the moment - like with Dunk.

Thing is, that POTENTIAL (and there's a LOT) will only be realised IF he actually plays. How long are you suggesting we wait to start playing him? Till he's 25?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Thing is, that POTENTIAL (and there's a LOT) will only be realised IF he actually plays. How long are you suggesting we wait to start playing him? Till he's 25?

Quite.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If you're good enough, you're old enough

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It's also potential that can be squandered if we push him too hard too fast too soon. If we pile on expectations he could burn out, if we put him in against teams too strong with experience or whatever it can destroy his confidence before he's had much of a chance to establish it.

I honestly think Oscar is still experimenting, taking a bit more of a risk with line ups in matches he think will be less challenging as he works to get to know his team. Rohan has shown a lot of promise, and we've got a good idea and I'd be surprised if he isn't around the match day squad regularly when Oscar's line ups settle down as he gets his team sorted in his own mind.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Well he already has played a fair bit this season. I just don't think he's as consistently good as Andrews or Crofts yet, and thus shouldn't start if those 2 are available.

Don't get me wrong - he looks a good prospect - but people have gone WAY OTT in terms of how good he has actually been.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With Crofts out this week it is possible he will play but Oscar could plump for Agustein or Conway I am not really perturbed as long as he doesn't rush Bridcutt back too soon.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
He's not been the best - come on, that's going a bit far. He's still quite sloppy, gives the ball away and rushes/overhits passes, understandably due to him being very nervous. Considering his age he's been very good, but he's not first team just yet.

I can't think of a better midfield than Crofts/Ince/Andrews based on performances so far this season. With Bridcutt and Orlandi injured, Ince has to be in there purely on merit.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I thought we were pretty unstructured on tuesday with no evident holding midfielder. Ince would have made a significant difference if he had appropriate players around him. We seemed to have too many "middle of the park" midfielders on display, with none making an attacking or defensive impact.
I can't see him playing anyone but Barnes up front but perhaps he can play LuaLua and Buckley on saturday with Ince, Andrews and Crofts if fit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He should start instead of Bruno.

Forest are a physical and quite aggressive niggly side. I'd definitely go with the raw power and combative qualities of Ince today. Bruno, defensively, is marginally less effective than Calderon under pressure at fb, but I'd rather see him there instead of Calderon if Oscar insists on playing him, rather than as a lightweight midfielder. Today will be a battle IMO. I'd rather not see Bruno in the starting 11

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Fores are a physical and quite aggressive side. I'd definitely go with the raw power and combative qualities of Ince today. Bruno, defensively, is marginally less effective than Calderon under pressure at fb, but I'd rather see him there instead of Calderon if Oscar insists on playing him than in midfield.
True. They can play but try to bully....we need the big boys today Agustien, Ince, Andrews...not Spanish Dave and Bruno.

We'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here