Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I've only seen Ince twice this season. Once against Millwall, when I didn't rate him at all, and today. First half I thought he still looked slightly out of his depth and error-prone but second half he gave a mature and impressive performance.

I think I'll wait until I've seen him shine against quality opposition before forming an opinion though. Make no mistake, Bolton were bloody awful. Put your money on them to go down.

Ince? Out of his depth. I don't think we were watching the same game.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Ince is looking like the business, but still early days.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
He was good against Burnley, better than today. His tackling can be a bit weak at times, but he's a very good prospect.
Tackling a bit weak ?? The ball he took off Ngog was a great tackle...at one point Ngog had the ball running fast down the middle when Incy Wincy stood still ...suddenly there was Ince putting it across field to Kaz....I think Ngog still thought that had the ball at his feet...immense tackle...all round good egg!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
With the amount of times he took on and beat their defence, it's not the end of the world that half of his crosses were poor.
Indeed, I think (and hope) most people understand this with Kaz now. He's not a player who is going to caress beautifully weighted crosses into the box - but the regularity with which he gets beyond his man to create the crossing opportunity, means by the law of the averages one of his 'drilled' left-footed cutbacks will eventually land at the feet of an Albion player, or at the very least cause problems for the opposing defence.

Then of course as you say the constant running and gaining of territory & free-kicks makes up somewhat for the erratic end-product.

As for Ince, he continues to surprise me with every performance. For a 20-year-old guy who has played so few professional games and is adapting to a new role (and arguably the most important in a passing side such as ours), he's doing exceptionally well. Huge prospect. In every sense.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He seems to have stopped lunging in which he did in his first couple of games.looks so composed for his age and is always looking for the ball.Great prospect.

Dec 29, 2011
Need to sign him up to a long contract. It won't be long before a PL club comes in if he keeps performing like this. A huge defensive midfielder, who can play with the ball at his feet as is only 20, imagine he's going to be on people's radars soon.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Need to sign him up to a long contract. It won't be long before a PL club comes in if he keeps performing like this. A huge defensive midfielder, who can play with the ball at his feet as is only 20, imagine he's going to be on people's radars soon.

Fully agree get him signed up to a nice long contract as soon as we can.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Play ince in the back 4 instead of Greer, Bridcutt in front and Andrews as an attacking CM...

Stupid suggestion as Greer has been a rock and Ince is not as good even as Greer in the air and Greer is not exceptional. Ince had his best game for us yesterday playing in the Bridcutt role be interesting to see what team Oscar puts out at Ipswich.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Agreed. Let's hope the club are already in negotiations with Ince's agent; and that we offer him a contract that is commensurate with his ability - which won't be cheap. I can't remember a more promising young player (and by that I mean someone coming through our DS) in all my 35+ years of watching the Albion and if an idiot like me can see that you can be sure that he will already have attracted the attention of a host of other clubs.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I think that having Andrews Ince and Bridcutt is no issue. Andrews is only on loan and he will be a great role model for Ince. In the meanwhile Bridcutt doesn't need to rush back from injury.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agreed. Let's hope the club are already in negotiations with Ince's agent; and that we offer him a contract that is commensurate with his ability - which won't be cheap. I can't remember a more promising young player (and by that I mean someone coming through our DS) in all my 35+ years of watching the Albion and if an idiot like me can see that you can be sure that he will already have attracted the attention of a host of other clubs.

Are you forgetting Gareth Barry who played for England. I think that you are getting carried away with Ince and his potential, yes he has potential but then most clubs in the Premier have players very similar.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Are you forgetting Gareth Barry who played for England. I think that you are getting carried away with Ince and his potential, yes he has potential but then most clubs in the Premier have players very similar.

Err. ..correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall Gareth Barry playing for Brighton in the Championship and winning MOM, which is rather different to Ince in my view. And if he did play for us much before he went to Villa, I can't remember him really standing out. I may be getting carried away about Ince's ability but I don't think so. Time alone will tell who is right I guess. Let's just agree to be grateful for the fact that we have a fine prospect on our hands, which doesn't happen all that often at the club with youngsters.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barry did better he was spotted as a young lad as Chelsea did with Ince. So obviously he is the best to have been spotted at Brighton and gone on to better things, at the moment. What ever happens to Ince we shall have to wait and see. I dont think that he will but he could just as easily fall out of favour and disappear off the scene. I remember Mullery saying that Glen Geard would captain England one day and he finished up in the County League. What happened to Kevin McCarrigle also seen as a great prospect.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stupid suggestion as Greer has been a rock and Ince is not as good even as Greer in the air and Greer is not exceptional. Ince had his best game for us yesterday playing in the Bridcutt role be interesting to see what team Oscar puts out at Ipswich.

I don't think it was his best game, he played well, but still chases the ball at times, which means we lose our shape. He does need an experienced head beside him,and yesterday Crofts played very responsibly.

As for replacing Greer, I agree ridiculous suggestion.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I don't think it was his best game, he played well, but still chases the ball at times, which means we lose our shape. He does need an experienced head beside him,and yesterday Crofts played very responsibly.

As for replacing Greer, I agree ridiculous suggestion.
disagree i thought ince for superb yesterday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here