Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Still looks a lump to me, needs to lose some weight

Yeess.. Can't disagree with that.. But technically I think he's our best player. Loved that in the pre-game shots at goal, the coach teeing the ball up for the players put it on both his left and right foot. While it's sad that most professional footballers are nowhere near two footed enough, its a joy to see someone who is not tied down to one peg!

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I can understand why people are picking up on perceived weaknesses in a young and improving player, but one of the best things i got told was to always practice to your strengths. Different example here but David Beckhams all round game wasn't exactly great, but he spent hours after each session working on his free kicks and dead ball situations, and we know how good they were!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I do hope that OG allows Ince to retain his place tomorrow, even if Andrews is fit.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I fear we are unlikely ever to agree about Ince BG. :)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No he isnt that good but could if on his game and given the rope tie us up in knots and cause a lot of problems so it best to make sure he doesnt get the chance.

And Andrews is the best man for the job?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ince is in the Bridcutt embryo stage, wanting to be all things. Our League 1 CRUSHING season saw Bridcutt play further forward at times and his role got gradually more defined with time, experience and through being trusted with more and more responsibility. I think Ince has more to his game, potentially, because he can stride away with the ball and link the play more, but it's too early to know exactly what he will become.

I reckon he will end up being more like a Yaya Toure than a Patrick Vieira in style.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I reckon he will end up being more like a Yaya Toure than a Patrick Vieira in style.

I couldn't agree more about Yaya Toure - see my first post. I think Ince will prove to be just as good a player for us as Bridcutt in years to come.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I couldn't agree more about Yaya Toure - see my first post. I think Ince will prove to be just as good a player for us as Bridcutt in years to come.

As do I, a different player playing a different role, but just as effective and as valuable for the team. But we need to play him to develop him, players like Will Hughes at Derby weren't running the game straight away, it takes time and games. I like Keith Andrews as a player, and I am pleased by his signing but was he necessary? Debatable.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

As do I, a different player playing a different role, but just as effective and as valuable for the team. But we need to play him to develop him, players like Will Hughes at Derby weren't running the game straight away, it takes time and games. I like Keith Andrews as a player, and I am pleased by his signing but was he necessary? Debatable.

Wow that is a bold statement! Don't agree myself but bloody hope you're right!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wow that is a bold statement! Don't agree myself but bloody hope you're right!

Admittedly, I did also say that Doug Loft would go on and become the natural successor to Steven Gerrard in the England team, but nobody gets everything right. :blush:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Admittedly, I did also say that Doug Loft would go on and become the natural successor to Steven Gerrard in the England team, but nobody gets everything right. :blush:

Lol. It's as much a case of how consistently good Bridders is for me. Don't think I've ever seen such a consistent player for us. His shoes are bloody huge to fill.

Ps Loft scored for Vale the other day - we should NEVER have let him go :(

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Lol. It's as much a case of how consistently good Bridders is for me. Don't think I've ever seen such a consistent player for us. His shoes are bloody huge to fill.

Ps Loft scored for Vale the other day - we should NEVER have let him go :(

Whisper it, but Bridcutt isn't a Championship player and will always stand out at this level. I don't think we should try and fill his shoes when he leaves, we should evolve the team. There isn't another Bridcutt. He is UNIQUE.

He scores when he fancies it to be fair. He played a lot at left back last season, which dented his goalscoring exploits. Cracking player, he'll be back.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If bridders can do for Ince what Kish did for bridders then I will be a very happy bunny.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just for Ben's Grandad.

I thought Ince had his least effective game today, (6/10). Still better than most of his midfield colleagues though.

Passing good in the main, but decision making was poor and positionally a little off key, which was probably the biggest difference when Andrews came on.

Still an Ince fan, great prospect.

However, I r

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here