Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
As I mentioned earlier, most of the Burnley fans that I chatted to after the game were raving about Ince. We have one hell of a prospect on our hands folks. OG will have his work cut out keeping a rein on Ince's ambitions now that he has been given a taste of the Championship. What a great problem to have.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We have a very talented player on our hands. Sure he has made a few mistakes, but wouldnt any player who has been thrown straight into first team action from reserve team football ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ince did reasonably well today but why was he in the side instead of Anrews who apparently had a good game last week at Birmingham and was arguably MOM.
Because Andrews has done his hamstring.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ince did reasonably well today but why was he in the side instead of Anrews who apparently had a good game last week at Birmingham and was arguably MOM.

Andrews was injured. Reasonably well is a gross understatement. Were you at the game?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ince is going to be our Ya Ya Toure. Given how little he's has played in the first team I am immensely impressed with him. Yes he's going to make mistakes and maybe even cost us goals but he adds so much to our midfield already, this was his first Championship 90 mins wasn't it? Gonna be a star I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Andrews was injured. Reasonably well is a gross understatement. Were you at the game?

Didnt realize that Andrews was injured but thanks for telling me. Yes I was at the game and feel that Ince doing reasonably well was about accurate unlike many on here who would have him as the man to take over from Bale at Spurs. He did the simple things that are within his capability well.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ince is going to be our Ya Ya Toure. Given how little he's has played in the first team I am immensely impressed with him. Yes he's going to make mistakes and maybe even cost us goals but he adds so much to our midfield already, this was his first Championship 90 mins wasn't it? Gonna be a star I think.

Someone who agrees with me. Welcome to the club.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

That's the best description of him on today's performance
Just a bit concerned of his header on the first half towards our goal from there corner !
But he is on a steep learning curve and doing very well at the moment IMHO

Oct 25, 2003
Didnt realize that Andrews was injured but thanks for telling me. Yes I was at the game and feel that Ince doing reasonably well was about accurate unlike many on here who would have him as the man to take over from Bale at Spurs. He did the simple things that are within his capability well.

seeing as a few weeks ago you were suggesting that he should never get anywhere near the first team you're slowly coming round

he did much more than you suggest...ridiculous how much you underrate him

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

He tackled well, won the ball in the air, passed well and drove the ball forwards with his dribbling. This is above and beyond what I expected, and thus for me 'doing reasonably well' is an understatement.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
That's the best description of him on today's performance
Just a bit concerned of his header on the first half towards our goal from there corner !
But he is on a steep learning curve and doing very well at the moment IMHO

The header back was Agustein?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
seeing as a few weeks ago you were suggesting that he should never get anywhere near the first team you're slowly coming round

he did much more than you suggest...ridiculous how much you underrate him

He has improved tremendously over the last few weeks, from my first sight of him, so obviously Oscar and his staff are doing their job.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Early Days, BG. !!

Ince is the GEM we've been diving for.

I think we have found him 2 years too early, what a STAR we have..

:-D

Oct 25, 2003
He has improved tremendously over the last few weeks, from my first sight of him, so obviously Oscar and his staff are doing their job.

he's always had the raw attributes to be a top defensive midfielder...which you ignored/couldn't see (didn't you used to be a scout or something?). I suspect he is being coached well, yes, but he's also a player with a huge amount of potential who has been impressive each time i've seen him. I just look for the positive attributes in young players rather than their weaknesses if their weaknesses can be improved/ironed out. Ince's weaknesses were always going to be ironed out with game time, and he positives would equally be enhanced (his pace, power, determination etc.)...anyone should have been able to see that- especially someone with your supposed football knowledge.

so don't pretend it's got anything to do with him improving...you were just wrong in the first place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here