Rohan Ince new three year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Very pleased with this. Certainly seems to be a lot of good news coming out of the club at the moment. Looks like we'll have a really strong squad going in to next season (or make a lot of money from selling players) and hopefully won't need the massive amount of signings we've had for the last two years

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good player, I would like to see him given more games.

Taking into account who he would have to shift being Kayal or Stephen and then by pass Crofts he is no where near good enough yet to be a first choice. He may be one day depends how he improves but sadly it must be said that he hasnt in the last 12 months. Having said that I would still bring him on as a late defensive cover substitute to maintain a lead.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Being converted from a defensive midfielder into an all rounder like Crofts, King-K & Stephens looking at CH's quotes. Great news. He has goals in him!

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Taking into account who he would have to shift being Kayal or Stephen and then by pass Crofts he is no where near good enough yet to be a first choice. He may be one day depends how he improves but sadly it must be said that he hasnt in the last 12 months. Having said that I would still bring him on as a late defensive cover substitute to maintain a lead.

He is far better than Crofts nowadays. Definitely our 3rd choice centre mid.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Clueless as ever bg

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012

Very amusing - clueless as piltdown man says.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Posts like this make me lean towards the theory of you being a parody account.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Who would you drop out of Kayal and Stephens? Both on superb form. I'm afraid Ince is a victim of the start we've had to the season but the fact that he's signed this deal suggests he's happy to bide his time rather than wanting to leave.
Too be fair I think houghton decided who his CM's would be over pre season, no matter what kind of start we had. Good news, and appears to be happy to warm the bench at mo. Has huge potential to become a big name, and offers more than just sitting infront of the two CB's.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Really good news. I was impressed by him from the start. He hasn't featured as consistently under Hughton I think is time will come. This is more good squad management by the manager and board. Following Burke's exit things have been much better.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who would you drop out of Kayal and Stephens? Both on superb form.

Precisely, these two are really playing very well. I had no doubts about Stephens he was just unlucky to get injured.

Ince is very much long-term and very good news for us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Too be fair I think houghton decided who his CM's would be over pre season, no matter what kind of start we had. Good news, and appears to be happy to warm the bench at mo. Has huge potential to become a big name, and offers more than just sitting infront of the two CB's.

That could be true but there's now no way in to the starting 11 for Ince as the others are playing so well. There will be injuries and suspensions though and, as you say, he has real potential so I'm sure he'll get his chance.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Precisely, these two are really playing very well. I had no doubts about Stephens he was just unlucky to get injured.

Ince is very much long-term and very good news for us.

I was shocked that there were people on here who would have sold Stephens to Derby when we had the offer. He and Kayal are hugely important in the team and have formed a great partnership.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

No-one was good enough in the last 12 months. He was definitely good enough before that.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Developed as a more forward looking midfielder and practising his shooting he could become a frightening prospect.
He will also need a "footballing brain" to see a pass or a defensive gap to exploit. There was some discussion on here a week or two ago about whether he has that sort of intelligence. I just love the studied way that he plays his passes but at the moment I think he lacks a bit of confidence that will come with experience. This contract will help.

Short term I think Crofts and JFC (especially if he is allowed to develop his natural game) are first choice cover in case of injury or suspension with Ince continuing to come on late to help close things down. Long term Ince and JFC together has a lot to recommend it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports