Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rohan Ince goal v Swindon 2014

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I've kinda dipped in and out of all the transfer chatter threads, all the hand wringing about the Caicedo transfer and the subsequent Enciso injury and how we need to spend spend spend for several replacements. I've always been in the 'what will be will be' camp, knowing the Club will do their best to get the right people in and if they don't I'll still enjoy the footy anyway. Then a Facebook memory popped up of a Tuesday night schlep to the County Ground to see Rohan Ince score a wonder goal against Swindon in the Capital One Cup on this day in 2014. It genuinely made me smile, but also go wow. How far we have come in the last 9 years, but I think the principles of how we are as a Club haven't changed that much. He was going to be the next big thing (ironically ex-Chelsea no?) and this goal got a lot of people very excited. It wasn't meant to be, he disappeared without a trace and the football we play has gone onto a stratospheric level in comparison to those days. Anyway, just a bit of self-indulgent, Saturday morning, mid-life Albion memory crap from me. Enjoy seeing the goal again 😁 (YouTube link fixed 😂😂)

FB_IMG_1693036015456.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1693036015456.jpg
    FB_IMG_1693036015456.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 51

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I was at that game. Sadly, I only get to see the Albion these days if they play a West Country or South Wales team.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
He now plays for Woking :shrug:

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I was there. Seems an eternity ago now. Last I read on the lad he'd had a brush with the law. Nightclub incident.

It really does seem an eternity ago doesn't it. Puts all the current trials and tribulations into some sort of context. We're very lucky to be where we are. Look at Swindon now.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
We had high hopes for him at the time, shame it didn't work out.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was at that game, what I remember was the utter disbelief, before anyone celebrate and even the Swindon fans clapped.

Davidg1957

Aug 23, 2021
Also there & will always rate it as a favourite Albion goal. Standing ovation all round including home fans. Ince started the move and ran the whole length of the pitch to finish it. First goal in a midweek away cup tie, needing 2 penalties by JFC to win it 4-2 in extra time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was there. He was quality under Oscar Garcia, but Hyppia ruined him and he never recovered. Rohan should have had a career at League One/Champtionship level
Agreed. He was great under Oscar, and really should have kicked on. I remember being convinced we’d lose him in the transfer window to a bigger club.

That goal was one of two big highlights of his Albion career - the other a MASSIVE tackle on Alexis Sanchez in an FA Cup game against Arsenal, that was cheered like a goal!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. He was great under Oscar, and really should have kicked on. I remember being convinced we’d lose him in the transfer window to a bigger club.

That goal was one of two big highlights of his Albion career - the other a MASSIVE tackle on Alexis Sanchez in an FA Cup game against Arsenal, that was cheered like a goal!
Was that Ulloa's debut? Think I was sat next to you. That was the day we finally felt we'd signed a proper striker to partner Ashley Barnes. I remember CMS came on a sub as we chased the game and then theatrically dived in the box when had Ulloa still been on, he'd have just held off the defender and thumped in an equaliser.

Boagull

Aug 26, 2023
Was there too and such a moment, although we’ve slightly lost the gleam tonight the transformation of our club has been nothing but remarkable. Rohan’s goal was bettered only by JFC in that Donny away game I saw around then too. I’m still in awe of what’s happened since, the sunlit uplands of the PL suit us well. Enjoy every moment, each Mitoma miracle and team ethic that this amazing group keep getting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here