Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince - Flattered to Deceive

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It hasn't worked out here for him under Hughton and I wish him well AND I do get what most people on here are saying but I do think the thread title is unfair. Did Ince EVER flatter to deceive? I don't think so. It suggests that he had a big player opinion of himself and was mercurial in effort and ability. Rather, I'd say that he was a hard-working team player who shone briefly for us during that peculiarly dysfunctional phase between Poyet leaving and Hughton starting and always gave his best.

And as others have said, that tackle...oh my goodness. That tackle!

Yes a fair assessment Buzzer. What I meant by the thread title, is that when Incy came to the fore after Gus left the club, he looked for a while as if he may become an even bigger force in the team than he ultimately was.

I have been fortunate to meet Rohan a few times, and know him to be quite a self effacing young man. Arrogant he most certainly isn't.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes a fair assessment Buzzer. What I meant by the thread title, is that when Incy came to the fore after Gus left the club, he looked for a while as if he may become an even bigger force in the team than he ultimately was.

I have been fortunate to meet Rohan a few times, and know him to be quite a self effacing young man. Arrogant he most certainly isn't.

Well posted. :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The biggest myth going around is that Garcia played him as a holding midfielder. Garcia turned Ince into an all-action midfield enforcer, not a holding midfielder. Under Garcia, Ince would run all over midfield winning the ball in all areas - he was a sight to behold. Hughton has always played Ince as a holding midfielder, and he simply doesn't have the positioning maturity to play there.

He was a bit of a rabbit in headlights at Tottenham.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I always liked Ince. Think he will be quality if given a run of games at Swindon. Best of luck to him.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
What happened to the court case he had hanging over his head? Has it been dropped?

The key difference between the Hughton philosophy for keeping possession versus his predecessors, is that there is a far greater emphasis on moving the ball to find the space, as opposed to maintaining possession at all costs until the opportunity arrives to make the killer pass. For me Ince tends to play with his head down and doesn't always spot the early pass, I wish him luck.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Was never going to make it with us sadly, Ince and Caskey combined and you have a hell of a player.

Both had the attributes the other needed.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Let's not rewrite the past he was pretty ****ing good under Oscar, but was mostly always played in a midfield three of Crofts, Andrews or JFC and Himself.
He just doesn't fit into our style of play in a 4-4-2 now under Hughton.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The biggest myth going around is that Garcia played him as a holding midfielder. Garcia turned Ince into an all-action midfield enforcer, not a holding midfielder. Under Garcia, Ince would run all over midfield winning the ball in all areas - he was a sight to behold. Hughton has always played Ince as a holding midfielder, and he simply doesn't have the positioning maturity to play there.

Mostly with you on this, but he usually had problems when getting into the final third of the field.*

* that goal excepted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here