Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rodgers gone

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At least Leicester have sorted out their FFP issues by offloading at the start of the season, but have not replaced with cheaper options that were not too much of a downgrade, and their position reflects this.

Probably too late to save them, particularly if they draft in a Nathan Jones type appointment.
Too late to save them? l''m not sure, still a fair few games to go yet. Southampton, Bournemouth, Leeds, Wet Spam, Forest, Wolves, Everton, Leicester . . . it will only be three of them.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
One of those clubs in my opinion which has been over-reaching for a while. I thought despite us salvaging a late draw at theirs, LCFC were utterly woeful on the day. Rarely seen a PL home team play so negative. If they go down, they could easily become a Wednesday, Boro, Stoke type of club because aside from two or three decent players they have a LOT of highly-paid dross in the squad….

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of those clubs in my opinion which has been over-reaching for a while. I thought despite us salvaging a late draw at theirs, LCFC were utterly woeful on the day. Rarely seen a PL home team play so negative. If they go down, they could easily become a Wednesday, Boro, Stoke type of club because aside from two or three decent players they have a LOT of highly-paid dross in the squad….
Is Baby Doc not in balls deep like Papa Doc?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brendan Rodgers is taking a break from the game to spend more time in front of his mirror.
Sad.

1680463621644.png

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Gotta be Potter. It’s an absolute dead cert, surely. Perfect move for both sides.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If he takes another job straight away, won't that impact his compensation payment from Chelsea (however much that is)
I believe he can command his Chelsea basic salary for a reasonable period of time whilst out of work. He could argue he’s a top six manager and not apply for lower clubs and get away with this for a couple of years if it was simply a money motivator.

However if he were to join someone else within a year there’s probably elements of the pay off that stop (wage contributions) but probably won’t affect any bulk compensation arrangement.

All down to the contract. I imagine the terms of UK employment law have come as a shock to the Americans!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Gotta be Potter. It’s an absolute dead cert, surely. Perfect move for both sides.
I'm not so sure, I'm fairly certain he wants his family to stay living down here as his daughters are in there early teens and he doesn't want to keep moving them about after Sweden, Swansea and Brighton in a short space of time. That's why he and the family has remained living down here. I imagine he'll want some time off and then hold out for a job in London or even Southampton/Bournemouth.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm not so sure, I'm fairly certain he wants his family to stay living down here as his daughters are in there early teens and he doesn't want to keep moving them about after Sweden, Swansea and Brighton in a short space of time. That's why he and the family has remained living down here. I imagine he'll want some time off and then hold out for a job in London or even Southampton/Bournemouth.
I got on at 10/1 as the news broke. Worth a punt, it just seems a perfect fit from purely a playing/ethos perspective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here