Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rodger & Oatway Not Ready...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
... for tonights game at Worthing...

At least McPhee and Chippy will play...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
am I the only one upset that Virgo may loose his starting place up front :nono: :jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did I read somewhere that the new McPhee is a beefed up and muscled version? Good news if I did because he looked useful before but was easily knocked off the ball.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
to be honest I cant ever seen Rodger coming back

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Mr Popkins said:
to be honest I cant ever seen Rodger coming back

Without wishing to be heartless, I wish we'd just cut out losses and get rid of both Rodger and Blackwell. The injury situation has gone on for far too long and we need all the money we have to spend on productive players.

:(

Last edited:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Virgo should stay upfront while he's doing so well in my opinion, although it will be good to have another option in McPhee.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Fluffster said:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Virgo should stay upfront while he's doing so well in my opinion, although it will be good to have another option in McPhee.

Inclined to agree, especially since McPhee will be some way short of match fitness. There must also be a big question mark over McPhee's ability to play up front in the Championship. At least we know that Adam can cut the mustard if required.

:D

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I can't see MM starting with either against Watford - even assuming both are available. He'll surely play the same team as against Leicester, with them (plus Roberts, Harding/Jones and Jarrett) on the bench.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i cannot wait to get rodger and carpenter in midfield. would like to see virgo upfront a bit more though, after the leicester game anyway.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
with chippy and rodger back i would like to see the return of 5 3 2 formation to fit in all 3 of our cm players as they are all div one standard

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
kinkygerbil said:
with chippy and rodger back i would like to see the return of 5 3 2 formation to fit in all 3 of our cm players as they are all div one standard

nicolas i presume.? if so then yes. it would work with virgo, butters and cullip as center backs. only thing with that formation is, are our full backs good enough to provide width and defensive duties.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
graz126 said:
nicolas i presume.? if so then yes. it would work with virgo, butters and cullip as center backs. only thing with that formation is, are our full backs good enough to provide width and defensive duties.

jones can easily at left back. el ebd may be good enough at right wing back given a few more games, or paul reid.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
if the team was

roberts
hinsh butters cullip virgo harding

nicolas chippy rodger

mcphee/new signing knight

it would be a decent enough side, but would it create enough with out jarrett jonah and currie not in side?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
jones could cover left wing back no problem, but i cannot see harding being left out once fit. i can see el abd coping with it aswell.
would harding give enough attacking support and width then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here