Votes: 147 82.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The burgers at £5 were frankly awful. Whoever was responsible should be embarrassed by both the product, the service and the prices.

I feel rather stupid having paid for them... but unlike many concert venues, there was nothing else on offer apart from Maltesers and Crisps. :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And I will NEVER park in The Bridge car park again. What a RIDICULOUS set up that is. :nono:

The complete lack of stewarding or traffic control meant it took three times as long as it should to clear. WOEFUL.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ROD was ace though for an old codger - nice mix of old and new, the band were quality, the visuals very impressive, and the sound was great from WSL - not sure what people are complaining about there??

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Rod was good and the trains were as for a match at the Amex. My complaint is the £4-50 a pint for Fosters. If it is this for next season I will not be drinking at the ground.

Kronenburg was £4.80 a pint I thought the Fosters was the same, Harvey's was a bit cheaper.

I was queuing up for a beer in the south end of the WSL and overheard a bloke saying that the bars in the SW corner hardly had any queues, he was correct and we got served straight away.
English lessons for some of the bar staff would have been helpful before this event.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
You must have been at a different gig last night, there were extra trains and the service was fine even to the point of a ticket inspection at Falmer on arrival.

Can only speak as I find - and only aimed at trying to provide optimum convenience for fans and concert goers. I'd like to think the Amex could become a great venue for all sorts of events, but it is obviously falling short. I waited 40 minutes with my wife directly after the event for trains from Falmer to Lewes - there were two in that time which seemed to be regular services. We got on the 2nd train, so we weren't horribly delayed. My point is that after such an event I would expect trains to be rumbling through at 5 minute intervals in both directions - having the effect that people are cleared quickly and efficiently and many more would then avoid the temptation to drive. This cannot be beyond the logistical planning teams remit.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Spotted these three Rod 'super fans' lat the concert.

image.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My point is that after such an event I would expect trains to be rumbling through at 5 minute intervals in both directions - having the effect that people are cleared quickly and efficiently and many more would then avoid the temptation to drive. This cannot be beyond the logistical planning teams remit.

Impossible to run trains every 5 minutes on the current railway unless block signalling is introduced. Still if you know best I am sure Network Rail would welcome your views.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
And I will NEVER park in The Bridge car park again. What a RIDICULOUS set up that is. :nono:

The complete lack of stewarding or traffic control meant it took three times as long as it should to clear. WOEFUL.

It was far worse than for home games- and that's bad! There was no-one supervising the one totally inadequate exit. Result - total chaos and a lot of people who clearly will never come to the Amex again. The highlight- the man who got a white builder's helmet and a yellow jacket from his car and began directing the traffic! For five minutes order reigned in the midst of mayhem!
If the club is to hold more of these events the organization needs vastly improved. After all, although the concert was arranged by an external promoter, it is the club that will be viewed as responsible.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No one at all in our block of seats on the pitch was sitting. Everyone stood - and there were no stewards telling us to sit down either :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here