• No

Votes: 147 82.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A friend of mine booked parking at the Uni (£24) and took almost an hour to get out. She wasn't impressed.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
My mrs and her mum said it was good. Problems with acoustics at the start but got better pretty quickly. Easily got on the train at the end, back home in hove by 11.15pm.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A friend of mine booked parking at the Uni (£24) and took almost an hour to get out. She wasn't impressed.
Afraid it's simple maths - 25000 people all wanting to leave a small area with limited access at the same time. We have a choice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Afraid it's simple maths - 25000 people all wanting to leave a small area with limited access at the same time. We have a choice.

Yep, same old etc.

Trains were fine, back in Shoreham at11:45

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Excellent event despite the obvious travel and catering problems. Rod Stewart himself, on stage, even complained about getting to the stadium "get it sorted out".

But as an entertainer he was outstanding, still a great performer and far from a clapped out old timer taking the money on false pretences. Was odd that he walked off at the end and didn't come back to take a bow even - but it's a long way to Stoke tonight ! Didn't appear to be any additional trains running after the event, and it seems vital that the discussion between the railway, the stadium and the promoter takes place in a way that suits the customers. Fortunately it was a fine night, no rain, and a lot of patient mature people, another set of circumstances might have brought more trouble.

If the basics can be improved the venue can work - sound was crap for the first few numbers but improved dramatically.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Some some people say the trains were fine and others say they were an unmitigated disaster. Either some are lying or some are bedwetters, no?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

This.

Took me ages to get out of Wembley Arena car park but i expected that when the concert was full to capacity. Some people amaze me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent event despite the obvious travel and catering problems. Rod Stewart himself, on stage, even complained about getting to the stadium "get it sorted out".

But as an entertainer he was outstanding, still a great performer and far from a clapped out old timer taking the money on false pretences. Was odd that he walked off at the end and didn't come back to take a bow even - but it's a long way to Stoke tonight ! Didn't appear to be any additional trains running after the event, and it seems vital that the discussion between the railway, the stadium and the promoter takes place in a way that suits the customers. Fortunately it was a fine night, no rain, and a lot of patient mature people, another set of circumstances might have brought more trouble.

If the basics can be improved the venue can work - sound was crap for the first few numbers but improved dramatically.

You must have been at a different gig last night, there were extra trains and the service was fine even to the point of a ticket inspection at Falmer on arrival.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You must have been at a different gig last night, there were extra trains and the service was fine even to the point of a ticket inspection at Falmer on arrival.

And why were they inspectors? One reason would be the joke to decision to have no manned ticket office at Polegate. Despite knowing the increased volume they thought it would be great to have loads of people queuing up to use machines. And naturally this would include people unsure on how to use them and tempers getting frayed. As loads of people were going to miss the train some young staff member then just shouted to people to get on the train and pay when when got at Falmer. I might have tolerated this but my 70 year old mother in law was not impressed.

I also heard that the sound was crap for first few songs. Even allowing for different acoustic properties when the crowd come in that smacks of poor engineering in the sound check.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Some some people say the trains were fine and others say they were an unmitigated disaster. Either some are lying or some are bedwetters, no?

I would have though that most Rod Stewart fans would be bedwetters to be fair. Apparently the Tena Lady concessions around the concourses did a roaring trade all night, so much so that they're sponsoring the next gig at The Amex in September - The Bay City Rollers.

I've just spoken with my neighbour who went last night.

To summarise:

The queues were outrageous
The staff need to learn English
They ran out of everything
The travel was terrible
Rod was superb.

Just like reading NSC after a home match, apart from the Rod bit.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've just spoken with my neighbour who went last night.

To summarise:

The queues were outrageous
The staff need to learn English
They ran out of everything
The travel was terrible
Rod was superb.

Just like reading NSC after a home match, apart from the Rod bit.
Bring back Rodney Thomas I say.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So glad I live in Coldean!! Strolled down to the Hikers at 5.30, had a few in there, left there at 7.30 and arrived at Amex at 7.50. Straight to the bar (which was empty), a couple more pints and took my seat at 8.20, just in time for Rod.

A couple more pints during, and spent the last 30mins standing at the side of the stage with the missus. Walked back to the hikers after for another pint, and the 1st half of the Aussie match, and then home.

Was great experience being out in the middle of the stadium and taking in the atmosphere and got to spend more time on the amex pitch than Kemy did all last season!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
It's just taken me an hour to home to burgess hill from woodingdean. The traffic queues are horrific, I know there is traffic on match days, but I've never seen anything like this, the lights at the junction aren't working properly, coupled with drunk people walking in the road towards woodingdean oblivious to the cycle/foot path the other side of the hedge, no buses I could see, the queue turning into village way to pick people up is as big as I've ever seen. The queue east bound now is as bad as matchday, and it's gone 23.30. For gigs like this there needs to be extra trains and a park and ride like we have on match days. All it does is reflect badly on us as a club no matter how good the venue is.

Friend of mine on FB posted there were people walking along the A27

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here